Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think this picks makes us move Ray or barrett

Or is Wolf the expendable one?  Chubb is not Ray. Or Wolfe.  I would think Wolfe is the one we cut/trade?  The Gotsis upgrade is clear if that is how we justify it 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

How hard was Vance, aka the great leader of men, pounding the table for Chubb an hour ago?

Elway went with the safe pick, the stud defensive player, won’t argue the pick or it’s value, but if Keenum plays like Keenum and Rosen and/or Allen eventually light it up, how bad will Elway look? 

I love the Chubb pick, 100%, it was the safest pick to make. My only question is what happens if Chubb turns out to be an above-average player and Rosen or Allen end up franchise QBs?

It’s all Elway IMO. He strikes out on a third Qb and that’s it’s jobs. All the signs have pointed to no QB and we all just wanted to believe otherwise. I don’t think Vance has much pull on Elway, which is why he hired him 

6 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I disagree 100% Wynn, Hernandez, James, and Ragnow are all day 1 starters. This is the best IOL draft since I’ve been following the draft...1994!

McGovern can win the job and you have to concede that a healthy coached up NFL Ready motivated kid can.  It’s a legitimate competition with all of them

1 minute ago, BaldyBronco said:

Or is Wolf the expendable one?  Chubb is not Ray. Or Wolfe.  I would think Wolfe is the one we cut/trade?  The Gotsis upgrade is clear if that is how we justify it 

Wolfe is cheapish and still the heart and soul of our run defense. He's not going anywhere.

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

How hard was Vance, aka the great leader of men, pounding the table for Chubb an hour ago?

Elway went with the safe pick, the stud defensive player, won’t argue the pick or it’s value, but if Keenum plays like Keenum and Rosen and/or Allen eventually light it up, how bad will Elway look? 

I love the Chubb pick, 100%, it was the safest pick to make. My only question is what happens if Chubb turns out to be an above-average player and Rosen or Allen end up franchise QBs?

That was the risk taken.  The what if game can always be played.  Any QB that turns into a franchise player will always make you question it.

I would’ve been fine with Allen or Rosen at #5.  I’d have been fine taking that risk.  QBs are so damn hard to find.

Barkley and Chubb were the best players in this draft.  Maybe I’m a bit biased, but Chubb was my favorite player in this entire draft.

He wasn’t selected because Joseph wasn’t a leader of men, he was selected because he was probably #1 or #2 on Denver’s draft board.

Honestly a huge steal for Denver.  Didn’t think there was anyway he’d be there.  Most complete DE in many years and that’s not even factoring in his motor and effort.  He’s special.

Also, while the 3-4 is the base, how often are defenses ever in their base? Everything is sub packages nowadays. Teams are playing nickel more and more. So I don't think it is as big of a deal as some make it to be. You take the best player and that is what Denver did. Just because it was a safe consensus pick does not mean it was not the right one. 

I have to ask people that project Chubb as an EDGE, anyone else see limited bend around the corner? I dont like his flex around the OT at all. 

He is a 34DE all the way to me. Stronger than his listed weight and nice PR moves off the snap against the OL. But I still see a guy that wins on motor rather than athleticism (Despite his testing). Really Chris Long'esque. 

Just now, BroncosFan2010 said:

I have to ask people that project Chubb as an EDGE, anyone else see limited bend around the corner? I dont like his flex around the OT at all. 

He is a 34DE all the way to me. Stronger than his listed weight and nice PR moves off the snap against the OL. But I still see a guy that wins on motor rather than athleticism (Despite his testing). Really Chris Long'esque. 

They'll sub him in to 4-3 packages. He doesn't have bend that Miller (or even Myles Garrett) does. But he has a full pass rush arsenal. He's relentless, good run defender. He's incredibly complete. He gets overshadowed because of the 4 QBs in this class.

1 minute ago, elwayfan07 said:

Also, while the 3-4 is the base, how often are defenses ever in their base? Everything is sub packages nowadays. Teams are playing nickel more and more. So I don't think it is as big of a deal as some make it to be. You take the best player and that is what Denver did. Just because it was a safe consensus pick does not mean it was not the right one. 

Denver 

Just now, Counselor said:

I don’t know how anyone can be disappointed with the Chubb pick.

Not at all disappointed. It just points behind the discussion of what the roster looks like.  The cliche that you can’t have enough pass rushers is perfect here.  But we got other stuff.

I don’t know how anyone can be disappointed with the Chubb pick.

Passing on a guy you evaluated as a franchise QB has to lead to disappointment. Even then, if Elway was scared of taking a QB we could have gotten better value with a trade down. 

Chubb isnt Garrett, Mario Williams, Von Miller or Joey Bosa IMO. He falls closer to Soloman Thomas and Fowler Jr. IMHO. 

Just how I feel. 

Archived