Official Broncos Forum Draft Thread

AnAngryAmerican

3 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Passing on a guy you evaluated as a franchise QB has to lead to disappointment. Even then, if Elway was scared of taking a QB we could have gotten better value with a trade down. 

Chubb isnt Garrett, Mario Williams, Von Miller or Joey Bosa IMO. He falls closer to Soloman Thomas and Fowler Jr. IMHO. 

Just how I feel. 

Fowler ewww say it aint so 

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think broncos go qb at some point let it play out. This forum is unanimous with the pick don't over think it.

What the QBs May become does not matter AT all to us. We drafted well.  We need assuming we are right and stay put:

2.40 Isaiah Wynn

3.70 Nick Chubb (#ChubbBrothers)

3.99 Kyle Lauletta 

4.GORAMS Michael Gallup

TE, OT

Fowler ewww say it aint so 

Look at the measurables, the size and the player profile. Hustle guys that are stout and got splash plays based on motor. Tested suprisingly well but dont really use the athleticism on film. Very similar IMO. Big difference in maturity though. 

At least we didnt use a teen's pick on Colton Miller lolz

Chubb at 1.5 I’m sad we passed on Rosen but that ship sailed 2 days ago.  Thrilled it’s Chubb.   Best outcome left to go trenches if it wasn’t QB.   

Get BPA 2.40 if a G/C is there keep going there.  No Chark please.  

6 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Passing on a guy you evaluated as a franchise QB has to lead to disappointment. Even then, if Elway was scared of taking a QB we could have gotten better value with a trade down. 

Chubb isnt Garrett, Mario Williams, Von Miller or Joey Bosa IMO. He falls closer to Soloman Thomas and Fowler Jr. IMHO. 

Just how I feel. 

He's not even remotely close to Dante Fowler as a player. What? I don't understand that whatsoever. Those are completely different players. He's more like Derek Barnett.

1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Look at the measurables, the size and the player profile. Hustle guys that are stout and got splash plays based on motor. Tested suprisingly well but dont really use the athleticism on film. Very similar IMO. Big difference in maturity though. 

At least we didnt use a teen's pick on Colton Miller lolz

Yea but getting injured year one hurt fowler. He was jarvis moss bad at 3

24 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

While I think Connor showed well this season, this pick did not say that. There are still 4 day 1 starting IOL on the board. One should be available at 40.

There are some really good IOL on the board. One of 'em will be there at 40 and will probably be BPA to boot.

He's not even remotely close to Dante Fowler as a player. What? I don't understand that whatsoever. Those are completely different players. He's more like Derek Barnett.

Agree to disagree. Fowler was a EDGE and Chubb a 34DE but the fact they are both stout and won splash plays in college on motor, then tested better than expected despite not showing it on film, makes me see two similar prospects. I still think Chris Long is the best comparison, but Fowler has similarities despite playing different positions. 

Archived