2018 NFL Draft thread - A New (false) Hope

Thelonebillsfan

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

I'd love for us to somehow, someway get C James Daniels 

Won't happen unless we start using next years picks. Which I doubt.

This whole McBean process has been about 2019. Bills currently have 8 picks next year and still 6 picks to work with over the weekend.

I predicted Allen would be our pick and  I believe he will turn out to be the second coming of Jim Kelly. He is perfect for our weather conditions, but he will need a year or 2 to fully develop and improve his mechanics.

I completely trust in Beane, IMO he is one of the top GM's in the league and if he believes in Allen, that is good enough for me!!!

True fans will rally around Josh Allen. What makes this pick sting most is the fact that Rosen was still there, had he not been, I think our reaction wouldn't be so negative. I don't think we needed to move up so much for him. Rate it a C- all things considered.

Tremaine Edmunds though... damn... I never thought he'd make it as far as he did. He is an absolute beast. He's a perfect fit for our defense. Can't wait to see what he does. A+ pick here, not at all an exaggeration.

Not so high on the Allen pick. All we can really do is wait it out and see how it goes. Nobody drafted is a sure-fire pick. Even Rosen. Did you guys see him when Arizona drafted him?? Dude looks straight miserable and pouty for going where he did and not sooner. Every QB in this draft has their flaws and hopefully our staff believes we have the right people in place to work with him and get him to where he can be successful.

Love the Edmunds pick. Dude is a beast. So worth the swap of 3rd and 5th round picks. Cannot wait to see him develop and play here.

Sucks that we lost both 2nd rounders but VERY happy we were able to keep our second 1st and our 2019 first as well. That's huge.

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

True fans will rally around Josh Allen. What makes this pick sting most is the fact that Rosen was still there, had he not been, I think our reaction wouldn't be so negative. I don't think we needed to move up so much for him. Rate it a C- all things considered.

Tremaine Edmunds though... damn... I never thought he'd make it as far as he did. He is an absolute beast. He's a perfect fit for our defense. Can't wait to see what he does. A+ pick here, not at all an exaggeration.

And we will. We know this. As you said, though, with Rosen still there, well, it wasn't the pick I hoped to see. Further, I have no idea how to grade our 1st round. Not happy with Allen, but we did get another QB without losing too much in draft capital. Hopefully, he realizes his potential, which others have mentioned is significant. Then there's the selection of Edmunds, which was unthinkable prior to this evening IMO. Such a terrific pick! I think all drafts require some wait and see, but this one even more so before we can really judge it with any sort of accuracy. (Gawd, I wished I hadn't used that word!)

This as a Wyoming fan:

From a culture/location fit, Buffalo is an amazing fit for Josh Allen and Allen is an amazing fit for Buffalo! In terms of the talent around him and having the ability to sit and wait, not the greatest (though I did forget about McCarron).

7 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing with Watson.

Not to mention Beane wasn`t even here and the chances of McDermott drafting a QB in round 1 with no GM in place was slim to none. 

Watson could easily end up the next VY with his injury history.

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Did we get back a 5th round pick in the 2nd trade? First update said we did, but haven’t seen anything about it since.

Sony Michel to the Pats... uh oh

I was confused by this as well. But yes we do have two 5ths now again. 

Funny enough, currently our 4th is the only pick we own that wasn`t traded for. 

Our 3rd came from Philly, our 5ths our from the Ravens and Jags, our 6th is from Cincy and our 7th from Tampa.

First thing I do if I'm Josh Allen today is get Beane to give me every black player on the teams # and try and set up a pow wow to clear the air and affirm "I said a horrible word, it's unacceptable, I take full accountability and responsibility for my words and I swear to you all that's not who I am and not who I will be". Gonna be a real test to him of his leadership and character before he's even gotten into an OTA yet.

I am hopeful that he proves me wrong, obviously, but it's so damn hard to find optimism about this. He'd better not see a single snap this year.

I'd rate our draft as an A-, getting 2 potential top 10 picks is pretty positive for me. Yes, Allen was the #3 QB picked and that is why it only gets an A-, but I see another Jim Kelly possibility and if it works out, we and the Jets could dominate this division post Brady!!!

I really believe in Beene, he hired McDermott and I like almost every move he has made. IMO, he is one of the top 5 GM's in the football business and our future looks awful bright to me.

Archived