2018 NFL Draft - Now Underway!

y2lamanaki

21 minutes ago, John232 said:

Lets hold the phone here..

He's largely regarded as an elite PASS PROTECTING RT. He's also one of the worst run blocking tackles in the league. And that' hugely important in our scheme. 

In this day and age pass blocking > run blocking. In any case I don't think he's one of the worst run blocking tackles.  He's not good, but I think he's OK. Couple OK run blocking with outstanding pass blocking and you've got one of the better RTs in the game.

Just now, Geek said:

Hmmmm. Something must be wrong with Landry that we don't know about.Failed drug test? Terrible interviews? Injury? I wonder...

From my understanding, Landry had an injury and had a down 2017 year, but his 2016 was lights out.

Just now, Geek said:

Hmmmm. Something must be wrong with Landry that we don't know about.Failed drug test? Terrible interviews? Injury? I wonder...

Or he was just always a fringe type guy with bust potential. There were quite a few mocks and the like out there that saw him as a second round. Hell, I saw him largely as a second rounder...but I was okay with taking him if we had traded down. 

Just now, Forge said:

Or he was just always a fringe type guy with bust potential. There were quite a few mocks and the like out there that saw him as a second round. Hell, I saw him largely as a second rounder...but I was okay with taking him if we had traded down. 

Still you figure that Burst + Bend would be enough to get him drafted in the mid-teens. We'll see what happens if he falls out the first round.

4 minutes ago, Geek said:

A lot of mocks had him falling out of the first. NFL Mock Live just a few days ago had him not picked in the first.

Just now, Geek said:

Still you figure that Burst + Bend would be enough to get him drafted in the mid-teens. We'll see what happens if he falls out the first round.

he's also got a bit of a body type that is known for busting spectacularly and he's already had injuries. He's also raw as a pass rusher to me... I know some people disagree. But I viewed him as a project. 

Archived