2018 NFL Draft - Now Underway!

y2lamanaki

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Because of the surplus of QBs and OL going in the first round, some REALLY nice talent available at the skill positions and positions of need for us. I think we get in the late 30s for either a corner or a pass rusher.

Jackson being available in the 2nd is a surprise, but would fit in really nice in some schemes. 

Yeah, I think Jackson's scheme specificity limits his market a little bit. Buffalo, us, Carolina, Seattle...not sure which other teams are super zone heavy, but these woudl be the 4 most likely to me, and Buffalo traded both of their seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if we trade up. 

Just now, big9erfan said:

Am I the only one here who hates the idea of giving up a bottom second and high third to move up to near the top of the second?

Nope, I'm there with you. I'd rather give a rostered player up with our second to move up, that's why I keep mentioning it. But I get that there is a time and place where you have to make those moves too. I think if you have a considerable drop off in the player pool, I would get it. 

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

Am I the only one here who hates the idea of giving up a bottom second and high third to move up to near the top of the second?

depends on how you value the player. If he's a mid first round guy it's a great move. If he's a solid second rounder then not so much.

Just now, Forge said:

Nope, I'm there with you. I'd rather give a rostered player up with our second to move up, that's why I keep mentioning it. But I get that there is a time and place where you have to make those moves too. I think if you have a considerable drop off in the player pool, I would get it. 

Armstead and Brown might be nice add-ins to one of our thirds to move up to the second. Not sure how far up into the second either of those guys would move us.

12 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Which pass rusher at 59?

Gotta think Turay, Carter, Sweat then Key (with Landry being long gone unless the medical is worse than thought)? But given the gap, hoping Sutton or Kirk somehow drops at WR. Would be ok with the value with Braden Smith or Corbett at OG but how underwhelming a draft it would be without some firework. Whoa, anyone else get a bit drunk after our first pick?:D

Archived