1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

4 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Thanks man.

I'm from London but have been a Browns fan since I really got into the sport. The first draft I can remember, we took Brady Quinn. Complete failure from then until now. The last two years, I had been locked on Sam Darnold. So naturally, the football gods had us pass on him for a 6ft system qb.

Obviously, I'm always going to be a Browns fan, you can't ever change your team no matter how much they let you down. But I'll definitely be looking out for the Jets now that you have Darnold. I've always quite liked you guys because you remind me of my football team over here in England. Major city, passionate fans, perennial letdown. Hopefully you won't mind me posting in here every so often!

Wait you’re from London?

Do you know any hitmen? We might need you to take care of someone, I mean something, out there. 

The more I watch of Darnold the things that stand out are that his offensive line and receivers (after juju left) were pretty bad, and he still puts almost every ball right on the money. I am excited for this kid. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

The more I watch of Darnold the things that stand out are that his offensive line and receivers (after juju left) were pretty bad, and he still puts almost every ball right on the money. I am excited for this kid. 

He also feels blitzes very well. So sick of the last 6 Jets QBs (aside from McCown) just getting blindsided by free blitzers because they couldn't read or sense it. 

7 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

He also feels blitzes very well. So sick of the last 6 Jets QBs (aside from McCown) just getting blindsided by free blitzers because they couldn't read or sense it. 

Sanchez was the absolute worst at it. That guy literally did absolutely nothing well.

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Sanchez was the absolute worst at it. That guy literally did absolutely nothing well.

I'm an 'SC fan, was talking to friend who's a Jets fan and it seems like the Sanchez PTSD is still present. I can't say for sure that Darnold won't be a repeat, but take heart that the kid is coming from a VERY different standpoint. Sanchez was still riding the Carroll era wave - the level of talent around him was tremendous (I'm still convinced that D could have shut down Tebow.) Darnold has started more games, and had to inherit a team and program that was still coming out of the dredges. Hell I'm still not sure that coach Helton or the program are actually good - or if Sam just covered up the warts for a bit. 

Well done Jets. Nailed this one, I'd say. 

Some arguments that you could have stayed at 6 and drafted Rosen, but that's hindsight. Rosen slipping to 10 was completely unpredictable. You done the smart thing and got a franchise QB. Let's go to war again :) 

1 hour ago, chillparsi1 said:

I'm an 'SC fan, was talking to friend who's a Jets fan and it seems like the Sanchez PTSD is still present. I can't say for sure that Darnold won't be a repeat, but take heart that the kid is coming from a VERY different standpoint. Sanchez was still riding the Carroll era wave - the level of talent around him was tremendous (I'm still convinced that D could have shut down Tebow.) Darnold has started more games, and had to inherit a team and program that was still coming out of the dredges. Hell I'm still not sure that coach Helton or the program are actually good - or if Sam just covered up the warts for a bit. 

Argh, you know, I thought you had something with Sanchez, I really did. Was it his first season where you guys were dynamite? Most feared team for us that year. Mostly because of Jenkins (I think), but also we all thought you hit on something like a franchise QB - and with that nasty D, we were staring down the barrell of a long-term dogfight for the East.

If I remember correctly, it took a little while to realise Sanchez was garbage. Or do I have it wrong? 

24 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Argh, you know, I thought you had something with Sanchez, I really did. Was it his first season where you guys were dynamite? Most feared team for us that year. Mostly because of Jenkins (I think), but also we all thought you hit on something like a franchise QB - and with that nasty D, we were staring down the barrell of a long-term dogfight for the East.

If I remember correctly, it took a little while to realise Sanchez was garbage. Or do I have it wrong? 

We let any talent he had on offense leave, which didn’t help.

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

I thought you were a Sanchez fan? ?

Lmao how long have you been on this forum? I think I drove the Sanchez sucks train. Unless this is pure sarcasm in which case we’ll done.

Archived