Vikings select...Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

SemperFeist

- Played just 23 snaps in the slot in 2017, with 737 of his snaps at left cornerback.

So, much like Alexander we drafted a guy who athletically projects as a nickel corner,  but who has really no experience there. I hope it works out better. 

5 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

If Rasheem Green is within reach, I think you gotta take him in round 2. I know it may send some of the guys on here over the edge, but really feel like we can find an OG (zone blocker) in the 3rd. 

I agree. DE is going to be a major issue for us in 2019 if Hunter isn't resigned. I don't get the rational in forcing OL picks for a ZBS team.

I wonder if Hughs would've been available in the 2nd round??  Seems with the number of off field concerns, plus his production was in a "lesser" athletic conference that his stock was falling.

Me...I would've traded UP in the first round for Wynn or Ragnow! Heck, I  would've trade up significantly for Nelson!  The Vikings need SIGNIFICANT talent on the offensive line.  I don't see anyone else on the board who will greatly improve this mediocre at best OL.  Good luck Kirk...you're going to need it.

Just from highlights this guy plays the ball like a WR!  I havent seen that in our DB's in a long time!  Obviously against lesser QB talent but I don't mind the pick.  A few INT's can change our fortunes in a tough schedule.  I also feel it is easier to get defensive talent right in the first round than it is offensive talent, or at least that is my experience as a Vikes fan!  ;)

Now get to the darn O-line already!

18 minutes ago, MattVikings said:

drafting a player who plays a premium position and who can be groomed and developed for a year in the first round

That’s another way of saying that you’re not expecting him to play much, or contribute, during first year. Sounds great for a team that’s considered to be in the middle of a Super Bowl contending window. 

Archived