Vikings select...Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

SemperFeist

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

Im good with this pick if we can get a starting offensive lineman tomorrow. Ive expected CB to be our 1st round pick for a while now, even though i dont 100% agree with it. Even if we have to trade up in the 2nd tomorrow, we need to get an OL. Austin Corbett & Braden Smith are guys that could be there for us in the 2nd. I think we would have to make a trade up for any of Hernandez, Daniels or Williams. 

I think the Vikes need to look closely at DE options in round two, in addition to G.

IF we get say Corbett and Jamarco Jones (or insert either 2 og or og/ot combo) tomorrow (maybe in round 5 for one) I'd consider this a solid pick.  If they continue to make ignore oline then I can't bring myself to be happy...I love hog mollies.

36 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think the Vikes need to look closely at DE options in round two, in addition to G.

If Rasheem Green is within reach, I think you gotta take him in round 2. I know it may send some of the guys on here over the edge, but really feel like we can find an OG (zone blocker) in the 3rd. 

I'm was very Meh initially and can't say I feel any different now. I would have definitely preferred a trade back or taking an offensive lineman like Hernandez, Williams, or Daniels. I personally would have just loved Hurst but maybe he will keep sliding. I don't like this because I now feel that they are pigeon holed into taking an offensive lineman in round 2 and I think they could have gotten value in round 3 at corner vs a defensive lineman or tight end.

That being said, I still hope they can somehow grab maybe another 5th ( I doubt they'll be able to get a 4th unless they move way down into the third) and I trust Rick and I'll  be excited to see what they do with the picks they have left. 

Archived