3.81. Gallup-ing into Dallas

D82

44 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Zero chance he could be our leading receiver = 0%

Non-Zero, It's possible he will be our leading receiver!

Haha exactly. I’m not predicting it, because nearly all rookie WRs struggle. But it’s definitely a possibility, given our situation and his talent.

4 hours ago, the lone star said:

I'd say it's good, but you'd hope it's Hurns, TWill, or Beasley.

With that said, I hope the Cowboys draft a TE and pass-catching RB. Those would be dope.

They blew it on TE. All the good ones are gone. Should have traded back into the 3rd round and grabbed M. Andrews. We had enough ammo with our comp picks.

Oh well, can't win em all.

I kind of doubt offense-offense back to back on Day 2 was "the plan" coming into tonight. They haven't done that since 2013, and took Wilcox in Round 3 to compensate. I think the easily could've taken Reid or someone else at either of these picks- clearly they wanted to move back into the 3rd for Moore.

What I mean is instead of forcing anything, they let the draft come to them. They knew the mid-round values this year aligned with several of their needs and didn't overly aggressively target any one player in particular. I think that's commendable.

28 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I kind of doubt offense-offense back to back on Day 2 was "the plan" coming into tonight. They haven't done that since 2013, and took Wilcox in Round 3 to compensate. I think the easily could've taken Reid or someone else at either of these picks- clearly they wanted to move back into the 3rd for Moore.

What I mean is instead of forcing anything, they let the draft come to them. They knew the mid-round values this year aligned with several of their needs and didn't overly aggressively target any one player in particular. I think that's commendable.

Of all the problems with this team.... we can disagree about Dez, Dak, Linehan, or or our next play caller that I probably won't like, but drafting? Scouting? 

There are very few teams, if any, that I'd trade places with over the last 5 or so years. If Byron Jones and Taco Charlton are the worst things to happen to our draft, we're doing pretty damn good.

14 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

He was the anti-Dez. 

Dez was picked 1st round. Gallup, as a 3rd rounder, shouldn't have the pressure of being his replacement. I think Hurns is getting $6M right? They cut Dez to save 8. So I think Hurns is still the guy. 

What are some good player comps for Gallup? Sterling Shep?

Archived