3rd Round Pick (88th Overall): Oren Burks [LB; Vanderbilt]

CWood21

Just now, Leader said:

Well....I sure hope we stay healthy on offense cause unless I'm missing somebody (or cant think of him) we havent added a body on offense since last year.

Oh wait....forgot. Kizer.

You sure you're not still missing somebody?

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

Looks more like a big safety than guy who's going to be able to hold up as an ILB in the NFL.  

He's 4 lbs heavier than Ryan Shazier. The game is changing dude. We need to stop thinking about traditional base package positions. Teams are running sub-packages 70-75% of the time. You need to have LBs that can cover RBs and WRs across the middle of the field.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well....I sure hope we stay healthy on offense cause unless I'm missing somebody (or cant think of him) we havent added a body on offense since last year.

Oh wait....forgot. Kizer.

Jimmy Graham comes to mind. 

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

Awesome, another coordinator that has to bring the entire house to get even a little bit of pressure.  Rinse and repeat hoping for a different outcome with virtually the same players we had last year who couldn't dream of pressure on the QB much less provide it.  

Difference between Gute and TT will hopefully be that Gute won't be satisified post-draft. First 2 days of the draft basically just tells me Breeland isnt an option anymore but Dez should be priority No. 1 followed by a vet OLB like Barwin, Brooks, Dumervil, etc. If you have holes remaining post-draft, you simply fill them with stop-gaps if nothing else to round out the roster for Week 1. 

Archived