Rnd3- DE Arden key

NCOUGHMAN

Alcohol is also legal, the process to stay away from it is the same. You avoid it if football is more important. If Key went to a good rehab facility then they would have put steps in place to help him avoid the green.

The more I think about this pick, the more I think the fastest way for him to get on the field is at SLB. I don't think the team will put him there because I think the team will let him first succeed or fail at edge, but his strength is his length and agility. Everytime I watch him move in space -- including in workouts -- I see a guy who's best suited to stand up and cover in space. He can still rush the passer and set the edge in the pinch, but I don't think that's his best position down to down.

He’s to big to being playing LB. can’t remember seeing a 6 foot 6 LB in a 43 before could be wrong, but seems like it wouldn’t do him any favors by playing him standing up. I feel like this year he will be a situational pass rusher. 

38 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

He’s to big to being playing LB. can’t remember seeing a 6 foot 6 LB in a 43 before could be wrong, but seems like it wouldn’t do him any favors by playing him standing up. I feel like this year he will be a situational pass rusher. 

The Mad Stork Ted Hendricks   but don't remember if it was 4-3 back then...

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

The more I think about this pick, the more I think the fastest way for him to get on the field is at SLB. I don't think the team will put him there because I think the team will let him first succeed or fail at edge, but his strength is his length and agility. Everytime I watch him move in space -- including in workouts -- I see a guy who's best suited to stand up and cover in space. He can still rush the passer and set the edge in the pinch, but I don't think that's his best position down to down.

What is it, other than his poor pro day numbers, that makes you think he can't be an effective pass rusher? I know his numbers tell of a lack of explosion, but go back to '16 and do you not see a player who has enough speed in his moves to get after the QB? I think it was Charlie Casserly who was describing him as fitting into a bracket of players who might not beat you with speed around the outside, but that he has the agility and range of moves to beat you in other ways. Ignoring last year and assuming he gets his body and weight right, what does he lack in your opinion?

On 28/04/2018 at 5:09 PM, Blazer026 said:

Favorite pick we've made so far. Could see him being a major steal, could also seeing him be a huge bust. Like the risk in the 3rd round though. 

If we'd have picked this kid in the 1st I would agree with you the bust potential would have been huge. However, we picked him late third so the profile of the pick is less, with less media spotlight, the contract is less and we are under no pressure to throw him right in which we would have in the 1st. IMHO picking Arden in the 3rd is a great fit and value for us as we can rotate him in as a pure nickel rusher and much better for him as he has so much less pressure to deal with. Win-Win, great pick.

12 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Anthony Barr comes to mind. He would play in the same scheme, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived