Day 3 of the 2018 Draft

hornbybrown

Can Avery defend the pass? Seemed to be our biggest LB weakness by far last year. I think we were missing a nickel linebacker matched up on tight ends. Schobert was really rough in that area. He has good highlights, but more of a pass rushing LB?

It sounds like he is a pass rusher and a run defender, thick body, good speed and hands. 

on 3rd and longs he could be our best speed rusher not named Garrett. 

Avery
Ogbah
Garrett
Collins

Avery
Larry O
       Collins
Ogbah
Garrett

I really like it. 

Genard Avery is a linebacker all the way. He's not going to play DE for us. I think he plays ILB for Schobert on passing downs as a blitzing & cover linebacker. He has long-term starting potential at any LB spot, particularly at SLB, where he fits best. We desperately needed LB depth and this kid is the perfect piece to that puzzle. He can do a little bit of everything and play all over. He's the perfect medicine for this LB group, but won't be more than a rotational player right off the bat.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You don't need him for that, thats why we have so many press guys and Randall can cover TEs. He's good at attacking, let him attack 

amen. 

He is built like a brick and he can run, run him at people. 

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Genard Avery is a linebacker all the way. He's not going to play DE for us. I think he plays ILB for Schobert on passing downs as a blitzing & cover linebacker. He has long-term starting potential at any LB spot, particularly at SLB, where he fits best. We desperately needed LB depth and this kid is the perfect piece to that puzzle. He can do a little bit of everything and play all over. He's the perfect medicine for this LB group, but won't be more than a rotational player right off the bat.

He has 3rd down MLB blitz written all over him initially.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah. Higgins routes and hands are average and he isn't an NFL athlete.

Louis has terrible hands and is an NFL athlete. Someone mentioned he should switch to defense which isn't a bad idea. 

That was me and I still stand by it, he can be a Safety and he still has special teams value. The problem is, like a lot of guys we've had,they played way too early and either they flourish or they are runined

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That was me and I still stand by it, he can be a Safety and he still has special teams value. The problem is, like a lot of guys we've had,they played way too early and either they flourish or they are runined

Just want to say thank you for your coverage real pleasure reading your analysis

On are new ol  I am just going to be in the wait and see group.

On the worried side because I feel all are qbs are going down this year

j

7 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Just want to say thank you for your coverage real pleasure reading your analysis

On are new ol  I am just going to be in the wait and see group.

On the worried side because I feel all are qbs are going down this year

j

We are in a wait and see mode on all these guys. Dorsey has a blank slate with me and has a solid rep for finding talent at pretty much every spot we selected. Time will tell

Archived