Day 3 of the 2018 Draft

hornbybrown

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The positives of Baker

Most accurate QB in the draft

doesnt throw interceptions

Second strongest arm in the draft

God I miss Sam Darnold...

All those positives are nothing more than an illusion if you believe they are inflated by playing in the system he did.

I’ll wait for him to throw the ball around a bit in the pros before I settle on him being the most accurate qb in the draft that doesn’t turn the ball over.

10 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

All those positives are nothing more than an illusion if you believe they are inflated by playing in the system he did.

I’ll wait for him to throw the ball around a bit in the pros before I settle on him being the most accurate qb in the draft that doesn’t turn the ball over.

Oh c’mon, every Successful QB is pretty much a system QB. If you are a good coach, you want the best system as possible for your QB. 

Lincoln Riely is a Darn good coach but the accuracy and turnovers were all on Baker. Just like the accuracy issues and turnovers were on Darnold. 

If Baker is such a system guy why didn’t the offense take a step back when Oklahoma replaced every major playmakers around baker from ‘16 to ‘17 besides TE? Actually became a better offense from ‘16 to ‘17. Because you think replacing two stud RBs and your best passcatchers would hurt the system. Also the system was so great because of Bakers IQ, Reilly has said he was able to add so many wrinkles to their schemes because baker was able to grasp everything so quickly. There is reasons why Baker rumored to kill the whiteboard talks. 

I still stand on the paint the USC held back Darnold and that USC has an awful coaching staff IMO. 

Also if you look At how this team is being construct. It’s going to be similar to the system and ideas that Oklahoma utilized in the college. You know Haley is bring RPOs to Cleveland 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If Baker is such a system guy why didn’t the offense take a step back when Oklahoma replaced every major playmakers around baker from ‘16 to ‘17 besides TE? Actually became a better offense from ‘16 to ‘17. 

That’s how a system works.

Lincoln Riley remained. As long as he is running things, they are going to churn out hugely favourable offensive situations in that conference.

Every QB isn’t a system QB. You hopefully get them into a system that suits them, but the best QBs are system proof and transcend a single designed offense.

I don’t think Baker falls into that category.

But I do hope we can put something together for him that allows him to display his best traits and hide his worst ones.

Very much doubt Hue is the guy for that though.

25 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

That’s how a system works.

Lincoln Riley remained. As long as he is running things, they are going to churn out hugely favourable offensive situations in that conference.

Every QB isn’t a system QB. You hopefully get them into a system that suits them, but the best QBs are system proof and transcend a single designed offense.

But I do hope we can put something together for him that allows him to display his best traits and hide his worst ones.

Very much doubt Hue is the guy for that though.

We have seen Baker be successful in two systems two two different coaches.  Texas Tech and Oklahoma. He could of put up one hell of a season a true freshmen walk on QB if he didn’t get. 

Its hard to credit the system for everything when the QB goes 119TDs and 21Ints. In 3years. Yeah it was a perfect marriage for those two. I also said the offense is able to turnout that production is because of Baker. You can critize the conference but dropping 31 and 48 on the best big10 defense and the 2nd best SEC defense is darn impressive. 

Its hard for me to label as Darnold being able to fit into any system. He didn’t look all that great in his system this year. Yeah he lost talent around him but should of looked better. Baker lost more starters and weapons compared to Darnold and destroyed opposing defenses. 

Beautiful thing is Bakers system wasn’t a gimmick system, so what he did in college could be brought into the NFL with him. Specially when we have seen NFL team already running similar concepts already 

36 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We have seen Baker be successful in two systems two two different coaches.  Texas Tech and Oklahoma. He could of put up one hell of a season a true freshmen walk on QB if he didn’t get. 

Its hard to credit the system for everything when the QB goes 119TDs and 21Ints. In 3years. Yeah it was a perfect marriage for those two. I also said the offense is able to turnout that production is because of Baker. You can critize the conference but dropping 31 and 48 on the best big10 defense and the 2nd best SEC defense is darn impressive. 

Its hard for me to label as Darnold being able to fit into any system. He didn’t look all that great in his system this year. Yeah he lost talent around him but should of looked better. Baker lost more starters and weapons compared to Darnold and destroyed opposing defenses. 

Beautiful thing is Bakers system wasn’t a gimmick system, so what he did in college could be brought into the NFL with him. Specially when we have seen NFL team already running similar concepts already 

Darnold lost 3/5ths of his o-line, and had no linemen or receivers drafted to the nfl.

The only guy he had drafted was Ronald Jones.

Surrounding casts weren’t comparable.

Baker’s first season in college before he went to OU was 64%. Sam’s first season in college was 67%. 

Anyway it’s water under the bridge now. Mayfield is here now. I am going to watch some full three hour games of Baker and try to get on the bandwagon with most everyone else in here.

47 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Darnold lost 3/5ths of his o-line, and had no linemen or receivers drafted to the nfl.

Baker’s first season in college before he went to OU was 64%. Sam’s first season in college was 67%. 

Anyway it’s water under the bridge now. Mayfield is here now. I am going to watch some full three hour games of Baker and try to get on the bandwagon with most everyone else in here.

Bakers first season was as a true freshmen playing for Texas Tech. Darnold was a redshirt freshmen playing for USC. 

Surrounding casts? Both Darnold and Baker lost a lot of talent from ‘16 to ‘17. Yeah Rojo was the only guy from the offense draft. Andrews and Brown were the only guys drafted from OU. 

Just saying Baker isn’t a product of Oklahoma and their system. Their success was more because of him and his stellar play. 

10 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

This is Hueball thinking.

Assume the system is optimal (which is an impossibility coming from his deranged/delusional brain) and get players to fit it.

Backasswards.

12 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Silliest argument ever.  Sam Bradford came from the same system, and he is a very good QB on the field when he can get on the field.  There is nothing wrong with transitioning from that system to a pro system, period.  From what I gather, Hue and the coaches grilled Baker on the whiteboard for 4 hours and he blew them away.  Mayfield will be one of the 2 best QBs in this draft, and it won't even be close IMO.  Allen MAY be better, but he may not.  Mayfield has the highest floor by far in the entire class.  Allen and Jackson both have a bit higher ceiling but are less likely to reach that ceiling than Mayfield.  Especially Jackson.  He seems like an RG3 clone in that he has a frail frame and it is only a matter of time before he gets a leg taken out ala RG3, and when that speed is gone, he is left to be a pocket passer and I don't think that can happen.  Vick is the only one so far that has been able to really make that work in the pros, and again, IMO, its because he did not have a frail frame and could stand up to the physicality.  Allen I do believe will work out his flaws and be very good, and could ultimately be better than Baker, but it won't be by much, if at all.

11 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Slowly the masses fall in line behind DizzyDean  HEE HEE!

23 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yeah. No doubt you, Nude and Thomas were the most notable leaders of the Baker bandwagon. pscottdai as well I think.

If he pans out, you guys deserve to milk all the credit from it :D

WTF mate I have had Baker as my clear #1 since January. I just wasn't obnoxious about it. I clearly made it known numerous times though Baker was my guy all the way.

Archived