Calloway and Gordon  

44 members have voted

1. 1. More likely?

• Josh Gordon and Antonio Calloway both stay clean
    • One gets suspended and one plays entire season
    • Gordon connects Calloway to his dealer; both get popped
    • Hornby

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If you don't think he's already around people that smoke all the time, you're crazy. He was living with freaking pillhead Johnny while still passing drug tests. Plus, I'd be willing to bet at least 50% of the players in the NFL smoke weed regularly. It's actually really easy to pass drug tests in the NFL if you're smart and haven't been popped before.

Again, disagree. Gordon's around it all the time. Hell, most of the people on planet earth associate with less than reputable people. I don't think he's that freaking weak that some 21 year old rookie that will have zero respect from the veterans is going to be the undoing of Josh Gordon's sobriety.

You have seen Josh Gordon's history right?  Its not like he is a mass of will power when it comes to weed.

9 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

You have seen Josh Gordon's history right?  Its not like he is a mass of will power when it comes to weed.

Yeah, but I also know this is by far the longest he's ever gone without doing drugs or failing a test. He's been out of the woods long enough now where a failed test would surprise me. Of course it could happen, but it seems like Gordon FINALLY woke up.

He's a flyer. 

If I had a choice between spending a 4th rounder on a guy who will be a matchup nightmare for the defense while he is out there, vs. A top 15 pick on a low floor Corey Coleman with a ceiling he's not ever likely to reach, I'll take the former. 

Dorsey seems to have success drafting these bad character types who are able to put it behind them and stay on the field.  Peters blew up in his face a bit, but he wasn't a 4th rounder.

5 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

My hope is they both stay clean.  From what I've read Calloway is similar to AB.  If he can achieve 50% of what AB does than it's a homerun pick.  Gotta keep him away from his vices though.

I think we can all agree with this.  I know I certainly do.  This is still very worrisome to me though in regards to his influence on Gordon.  We really need the steadying influence of Landry to take control of that room.

4 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I think we can all agree with this.  I know I certainly do.  This is still very worrisome to me though in regards to his influence on Gordon.  We really need the steadying influence of Landry to take control of that room.

I think Josh Gordon can really help Antonio with a little insight about what it can do to your career. I both think and hope that Josh has seen the light and I also think and hope it might just be a good thing to steer Antonio in a better direction. Just my opinion. Because there is no doubt (at least by me after watching his tape, so I'm basically an expert now lol) he has a very high ceiling and has a ridiculous amount of talent. 

I believe Adam Henry is going to be a great coach for him, Gordon, and the other guys. Watching the Building the Browns and it was the segment with Landry and Henry, it seems like Henry has the personality that really gets the best out of his guys but also keeps them in line. 

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Tyrod Taylor is an average QB.

Which means he will be a MASSIVE upgrade over what we’ve had. Landry + Gordon + Duke + Another year for Njoku means we will have a competent offense next year.

An average qb on a career year can be huge. 

Hopefully he has his best year

47 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Tyrod Taylor is an average QB.

Which means he will be a MASSIVE upgrade over what we’ve had. Landry + Gordon + Duke + Another year for Njoku means we will have a competent offense next year.

Exactly right.  Tyrod has never had as much talent around him as he will have this year and has always played well and even broke the playoff drought of the Bills.

If, and it’s a big if, out offensive players gel and play up to their potential, I think Tyrod has a pro bowl year for us.

sadly, I think it will be bitter sweet as he will be one and done for the browns.  Butter for obvious reasons, we have needed a qb for 2 decades, finally have one that plays lights out and we let him go similar to how the chiefs let Smith go after a great year for the young qb drafted the year before.  Only we won’t get anything in trade but hopefully net a very nice comp pick for him.

Sweet because our decade of destruction is beginning HEE HEE!

It is the off season i am a fan so i voted both make it.

watch out afc north

I also would like to point out that with this wr crew the qb maybe has a career year then we get alot of high draft picks for him

Archived