2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Yes. Great year to be looking for a WR and/or TE. 

General consensus seems to be this isn't a very good class overall, but I'm starting to like it more and more. 

The depth of this years class is like of the DB class of 2017. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

With Cooper, Gallup and assuming we bring back Austin...I'm okay with our wideouts. Wouldn't mind adding some more depth the position obviously, but I don't think I'd spend a high pick on that group.

I would definitely spend a 3rd on a starter quality WR in the 3rd. 

15 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I would be most happy if we drafted Hollywood in the 2nd or 3rd.

Hollywood. Cooper. Gallup. Brown. WOO.

Hollywood...as in Marquise Brown? I might be okay with him in the 4th or 5th, not the 2nd or 3rd.

I don't want to overreact to Jarwins great game, but it does give a little hope in case Dallas does not go after a tight end early in this draft. I either one a great tight end or no one because we have too many mid-level tight ends to begin with. But maybe Jawan finally became Target that bag needs out of his tight ends 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't want to overreact to Jarwins great game, but it does give a little hope in case Dallas does not go after a tight end early in this draft. I either one a great tight end or no one because we have too many mid-level tight ends to begin with. But maybe Jawan finally became Target that bag needs out of his tight ends 

One game shouldn’t alter a draft strategy. If a quality TE is sitting there in the 2nd round, you take him, unless there is significantly greater value at a different position which cannot be obtained later in the draft.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

One game shouldn’t alter a draft strategy. If a quality TE is sitting there in the 2nd round, you take him, unless there is significantly greater value at a different position which cannot be obtained later in the draft.

I get that. Just saying that missing out will hurt less. Plus the idea of Dallas getting a TOP TE prospect and still having Jarwin is starting to give me a woody.

add getting Earl Thomas as a FA and we might get that elusive RING baby.. 

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I get that. Just saying that missing out will hurt less. Plus the idea of Dallas getting a TOP TE prospect and still having Jarwin is starting to give me a woody.

add getting Earl Thomas as a FA and we might get that elusive RING baby.. 

I can’t think of a single team - ever - that was a Safety away from a Super Bowl.

46 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

ET plus good draft picks plus new OC at least = SB

No, it really doesn’t. Getting to a Super Bowl requires much more than that. A Safety is not going to be one of the catalsyts to get us to a Super Bowl. Better QB play and better coaching will. Quincy needs to play better, and Red Ball and Linehan (or whoever the OC is) need to do a better job. That, coupled with strong defensive play overall (which we already have), a strong running game, reliable o-line, and a TON of luck/favorable bounces, is what gets you there. Safety play is not high on the list of things to get you to a SB. Hell, it’s barely on the list.

Ronnie Lott was not the reason why SF made so many Super Bowls.

Ed Reed was not the reason why Baltimore won the Super Bowl.

Darren Woodson was not the reason why we won three in the 90s (even with James Washington posting an amazing game in one of them).

None of the Safeties are why New England won any of their Super Bowls.

Name any of the Safeties on the last two Green Bay Super Bowl squads.

Steve Atwater wasn’t the reason why Denver won a Super Bowl.

Pittsburgh didn’t win 6 Super Bowls because of the Safety play.

Name the Safeties on the 85 Bears.

Other than the 85 Bears, what was the main constant? Solid QB play and great coaching.

Archived