2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

22 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I thought we should have hung onto Scar. Some guys take longer to develop then others. He has obvious talent as a goal line back at the very least.

Him or DJax would have been a better keep than Olawale 

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Break away speed? He repeatedly got caught from behind:

Only saw one play where the defender was step for step and that was after Williams just trucked a guy and had to regain his stride.

He was never run down outside of that and the dude that did it had a 4.4 speed. Dude has break away speed. He is just not really a good RB.

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

4.4 speed is common in the NFL. I want 4.3 speed.

Game speed is different then track speed. Some people can't translate it to the field which will include route pattens, cuts they make, angles they take. Brown ran a 4.61 and yet he is constantly beats guys that have 4.4 and 4.3 speeds.

On 12/21/2018 at 9:22 AM, Calvert28 said:

Game speed is different then track speed. Some people can't translate it to the field which will include route pattens, cuts they make, angles they take. Brown ran a 4.61 and yet he is constantly beats guys that have 4.4 and 4.3 speeds.

Yes I know. The greatest example being Jerry Rice. Dude ran 4.55 at the combine but never got caught from behind until 1995. The reason I wrote 4.3 is because you wrote 4.4.

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m waiting for the day when a guy runs a sub 4.0. 

TED talk on human limits

Maybe I'm missing the joke but the world record is a 3.93 on an indoor track in sprinter cleats. I can reasonably say that on fake grass in running shoes or field cleats there's no chance in hell that a sub 4.0 ever happens. A sub 4.1 combine 40 would be the most insane thing ever.

15 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

TED talk on human limits

Maybe I'm missing the joke but the world record is a 3.93 on an indoor track in sprinter cleats. I can reasonably say that on fake grass in running shoes or field cleats there's no chance in hell that a sub 4.0 ever happens. A sub 4.1 combine 40 would be the most insane thing ever.

There’s no joke. I just think it’ll happen at some point. Perhaps no time soon, but guys are getting faster. I think between improvements in nutrition, equipment, genetics, evolution, and testing environment will allow it to happen.

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Not that it was going to happen anyway, but those clamoring for a QB in rd 1...Justin Herbert is as rumored 2 months ago, returning for his Sr. yr. 

This is so stupid. If you have a chance to go number 1 and/or top 10, you do it. I remember Matt Leinart had a chance to go number 1 and returned and sucked his senior year. He dropped late first or 2nd and was out of the league a few years later. That decision cost him millions..  

18 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

This is so stupid. If you have a chance to go number 1 and/or top 10, you do it. I remember Matt Leinart had a chance to go number 1 and returned and sucked his senior year. He dropped late first or 2nd and was out of the league a few years later. That decision cost him millions..  

Leinart went #10 to Arizona. 

Herbert isn't gambling as much as Leinart with the draft stock. Herbert wasn't all that great this season and he's been injured. I don't think he was a top 10 pick tbh and if Dwayne Haskins declares, I don't consider him to even be the top QB.

22 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Leinart went #10 to Arizona. 

Herbert isn't gambling as much as Leinart with the draft stock. Herbert wasn't all that great this season and he's been injured. I don't think he was a top 10 pick tbh and if Dwayne Haskins declares, I don't consider him to even be the top QB.

I sure as hell would take him next year if this is the worst he is. Just ****** him in the first or 2nd.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Uh, Leinart put up better numbers his senior year than his junior year. He fell because Vince Young all but single-handedly won the National Championship.

I get your point that the decision is a HUGE risk which could cost him millions (as it did with Leinart, who would’ve gone 1st overall in the 2005 draft earlier but fell to 10th overall in 2006), but Herbert wasn’t going #1 overall as it was based on the draft order. 

Archived