2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

49 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK Most of us seem to agree that a high level TE could do us wonders. But I am starting to think that Dallas has to look hard at a LT. Maybe T Smith can recover, BUT he also may be done a lot sooner than anyone may realize. Cam Fleming looks serviceable, but too small a sample size.

Best TE/LT almost an even need IMO right now. 

any good ones in the draft or FA??

There's not really one prospect (tackle-wise) that stands out amongst the rest. I'd re-sign Fleming and hope Smith can recover, if not...Fleming may be our best bet. 

OL is my top need by leaps and bounds.  If there is a guaranteed Ertz or Kaycee okay pull the trigger but to say we need TE we have NFL starting level TE right now not close to elite but starter level  and I doubt elite TE falls to us round 2  We are Weak at OL I say need two here to improve our starters and depth and depth at LB and I still would love to upgrade Heath but that’s just me.  We could find starter quality OL at two then ....   might go there rd 3 as well back up LB 4 safety help at 5.  Thus we improve our special teams 

13 minutes ago, quiller said:

OL is my top need by leaps and bounds.  If there is a guaranteed Ertz or Kaycee okay pull the trigger but to say we need TE we have NFL starting level TE right now not close to elite but starter level  and I doubt elite TE falls to us round 2  We are Weak at OL I say need two here to improve our starters and depth and depth at LB and I still would love to upgrade Heath but that’s just me.  We could find starter quality OL at two then ....   might go there rd 3 as well back up LB 4 safety help at 5.  Thus we improve our special teams 

Again agree with everything here except this. We drafted Witten in RD 3. He was a top rated TE in his class. This is a very deep TE class, so I am thinking a very good prospect will be there.

BUT as I have said O-line may be equally or even more important. 

Safety should improve as I consider ET a near lock. Damn we are going to be good on defense next year.

Tight ends, in general, tend to fall in the draft. Add in that this class is loaded at the position and that it's our weakest position group, and there almost certainly will be an immediate starter available at our pick.

For the OL people, I'm curious what your expectations are for a pick in the 2nd round. Insurance against injury? Or are you expecting someone to actually come in and start?

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Tight ends, in general, tend to fall in the draft. Add in that this class is loaded at the position and that it's our weakest position group, and there almost certainly will be an immediate starter available at our pick.

For the OL people, I'm curious what your expectations are for a pick in the 2nd round. Insurance against injury? Or are you expecting someone to actually come in and start?

XSF has actually been good. Maybe not great but he has been solid. And Connor will get better. Unless its certain that someone is on their way out. We could hold off. Even Tyron as he is, is still playing better then half the tackles in the league. But I'll admit I'm worried about him. It's possible Adam's may fall in the draft. But next year I think is when the good tackles will finally get here. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

XSF has actually been good. Maybe not great but he has been solid. And Connor will get better. Unless its certain that someone is on their way out. We could hold off. Even Tyron as he is, is still playing better then half the tackles in the league. But I'll admit I'm worried about him. It's possible Adam's may fall in the draft. But next year I think is when the good tackles will finally get here. 

The way I view it, Tyron, Williams, Frederick, Martin, and Collins are the projected starters on the OL next year no matter what happens in the draft.

Injuries certainly have me worried. I'm definitely not opposed to spending the pick on a lineman in the right circumstances. But I just think we need to plainly state the trade off here. TE is likely to be an immediate starter and upgrade. Defensive tackle and safety would be, at worst, immediate rotation guys. But for any offensive lineman, you are hoping they don't have to play as a rookie. 

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

At minimum insurance at maximum or competition besides we don't have a team full of players that seemed to stay healthy so ultimately. Play will end up playing a lot in my opinion

34 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

At minimum insurance at maximum or competition besides we don't have a team full of players that seemed to stay healthy so ultimately. Play will end up playing a lot in my opinion

Realistically, who are they competing with for a starting job? Are you drafting a tackle or a guard? 

I’m not saying you are wrong, but I would like to see an articulated plan for why spending a second round pick is a better than addressing backup offensive line in free agency. 

Archived