2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, Forge said:

I don't know..I mean, he's got a case to be made. It's not like the other OU receivers in the NFL are lighting it up. Your best three are sterling shephard, kenny stills and dede westbrook.  It's not like OU is a wide receiver powerhouse with what they put in the NFL. If you look, there hasn't been a beastly OU receiver in a long time, and for the most part, the receivers they have sent to the nfl have been meh. 

I have no idea what spiked that particular conversation point (if it has something to do with Brown or not), and clearly past production and transitions have nothing to do with what Brown would do if that is the case, just saying that saying Kenny Stills is the best isn't that far off base all things considered. 

It's not about it being factual or not… this guy trolls me with every Oklahoma WR in the NFL being much better than Brown. Started from Shephard, then Westbrook and now Stills. 

Next will be the great Malcolm Kelly being better than Hollywood Brown lol. 

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, I'm fine with everyone believing that. I just see Bosa being really good but falling short of being special or great. I do see Williams being just that though. But I've said numerous of times that if you have both prospects on the same level, then Bosa makes more sense since he is more of a position of need. I just don't see it that way....And maybe it me that has it all wrong. 

Just asking. Say Bosa turns into Cameron Jordan of the Saints. He's really good to great...but not ever gonna be considered elite or lead the league in sacks type. Take out his rookie yr and he's avg 10 sacks a season for the last 7 yrs. With a couple less than 10 sacks. Is that good enough for u or everyone in here or do fans need Reggie White(lol 1st name that came to me) at #2?

Same question with QW. Cuz I've said it before I'd take a really good to great player if he's consistent and here for a decade. If I used a bad example u can pick another guy instead of CJ. 

11 minutes ago, sherm said:

Just asking. Say Bosa turns into Cameron Jordan of the Saints. He's really good to great...but not ever gonna be considered elite or lead the league in sacks type. Take out his rookie yr and he's avg 10 sacks a season for the last 7 yrs. With a couple less than 10 sacks. Is that good enough for u or everyone in here or do fans need Reggie White(lol 1st name that came to me) at #2?

Same question with QW. Cuz I've said it before I'd take a really good to great player if he's consistent and here for a decade. If I used a bad example u can pick another guy instead of CJ. 

I have no problem with Bosa being that. Someone in the draft forum (I think Jrry), compared him to Ryan Kerrigan, and the retort from someone else was, "would you spend a top 3 pick on Ryan Kerrigan?" and I unequivocally said yes, absolutely. If I get Bosa, and he's Brandon Graham, or Cam Jordan or Everson Griffen, I have no problem with those type of results. Honestly, if we get Chris Long during his prime I'm okay with that (2010 - 2013) 

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not about it being factual or not… this guy trolls me with every Oklahoma WR in the NFL being much better than Brown. Started from Shephard, then Westbrook and now Stills. 

Buster Rhymes is truly the GOAT Sooner. 

For what it's worth, I have Brown going to Arizona top of the second. I think he's pretty easily the best Oklahoma receiver to come out in a very long time and probably the best receiver right out of the gate in this class. 

But never forget Sooner great Juaquin Iglesias 

54 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope. Next will be CeeDee Lamb. He will be talked about in the top half of the draft in 2020, I guarantee.

Fortunately, we also have Charleston Rambo and several up-and-coming 4 or 5 star (for whatever that is worth) recruits.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have no problem with Bosa being that. Someone in the draft forum (I think Jrry), compared him to Ryan Kerrigan, and the retort from someone else was, "would you spend a top 3 pick on Ryan Kerrigan?" and I unequivocally said yes, absolutely. If I get Bosa, and he's Brandon Graham, or Cam Jordan or Everson Griffen, I have no problem with those type of results. Honestly, if we get Chris Long during his prime I'm okay with that (2010 - 2013) 

I say yes to all of that as well. I'd love a phenom, sure, but if "all we get" is a decade and "only" 100 sacks in a career, then I feel like we got a winner. 

1 hour ago, sherm said:

I never said I wasn't fine with Bosa. I would be more than fine with Bosa. He has a very little chance of being a bust and will be a consistent 10-12 sacks a year type of player. 

Williams to me has game wrecking potential. Donald level? Maybe not, but close to it. Different level of potential FOR ME. If you feel they are similar level prospects, then by all means Bosa makes more sense at #2. 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hope we go Montez Sweat as just a big WTH for  everyone in this thread :D

If it’s between him and QW, give me Sweat every time on the 49ers roster. But that would be an epic wth moment in draft history lol

Just now, typecast said:

That's why I love the Butler at 11 trade rumor.

Suppose that depends on what you think of Butler. I'm a fan of sweat and he's a top 10 pick most likely. Butler....meh...not so much. Rounds 2-3 for me. 

Archived