2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think the Raiders would move up for Murray, but I could see them going for Williams too. I think the Giants could move up for Haskins.

I have my doubts about them trading up for Murray, but that would be amazing because we would for sure get Josh Allen in this scenario

5 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, I can said the same about Bosa though. I think he'll be a quality 4-3 DE who may make a couple of Pro Bowls but will never be a elite edge defender, nor regarded as top 5 at his position. He's a solid player, who plays with great technique and pop. He has great lineage but is norhing special as a athlete. He doesn't possess any elite physical traits where you say he could be special or a difference maker on the edge. None of these guys are flawless, can't miss type of players. Arguments can be made for or against most of the top 5 BPA talents in this draft.

I agree, I’d be happy with Bosa but I view him in the same category I viewed Solomon Thomas in 2017. So anything is possible. Also is it still great lineage if his dad was considered a bust throughout his career? 

25 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I agree, I’d be happy with Bosa but I view him in the same category I viewed Solomon Thomas in 2017. So anything is possible. Also is it still great lineage if his dad was considered a bust throughout his career? 

much better than Thomas coming out with regards to rushing the passer.  Thomas was basically his draft year's version of Rashaan Gary. Had they both come out the same year, I would have had MG > Bosa > Thomas, and the latter would have been dragging the rear by a decent margin in that trio. 

As someone who really wanted Thomas, and believed he would evovle into better version of Everson Griffen, I have no problems admitting I was wrong on that one. If you look at their measurables and testing numbers, they're almost identical. I just really thought he could evolve in terms of rushing the passer from the edge but it's pretty evident, he is who he is. I forgot the poster but I was arguing with someone around this time two years ago who said Thomas would never be a edge player. Whoever it was, I probably owe them a steak dinner because he turned out to be absolutely correct.

I said all that to say that my eval in that scenario doesn't affect my eval in this situation. Though I liked Thomas, I did acknowledge that there was a big leap of faith in projecting him to eventually be able to play Leo. I have no such reservations with Williams and his role as a professional. Much bigger proponent of his skill-set in the pros than I was of Thomas. I just thought Thomas was too good of an athlete to not be able to be a very capable power-rushing end. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

better be down right elite. Like top 3-5 in the league. If not, it will be a lot of wasted capital.

It can be less than that, so long as it contributes to the real goal of trophy #6. :P 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bosa to me is still the favorite for our pick. I do believe they like Williams a lot and believe he is more special, but still think they roll with Bosa. 

I agree I think they have to prepare for the possibility that Bosa is gone at 1 & that they wouldn’t be able to trade out.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bosa to me is still the favorite for our pick. I do believe they like Williams a lot and believe he is more special, but still think they roll with Bosa. 

Since when did Lynch and Co. telegraph their picks? That never seemed to be the MO. Perhaps Josh Allen is of interest since he’s the guy who’s proday they aren’t attending. 

3 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Since when did Lynch and Co. telegraph their picks? That never seemed to be the MO. Perhaps Josh Allen is of interest since he’s the guy who’s proday they aren’t attending. 

I will say true but in the next few weeks if we hear rumblings more then likely is true. There where rumors we loved Solly and McG prior to the draft. 

5 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

? They've telegraphed it every year they've been in charge. Or at least let it slip somewhere along the lines. None has been a surprise by draft day.

5 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I mean obviously I'm guessing here. But last year during the lead up to the draft, a lot of beat writers/reporters started to predict McGlinchey being the pick and the year before Solomon Thomas was the damn favorite for months. Wouldn't say Lynch and Co have been all that secretive of their picks either. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I will say true but in the next few weeks if we hear rumblings more then likely is true. There where rumors we loved Solly and McG prior to the draft. 

Rumors are one thing but attending the 2 pro days that just so happen to be on NFLN and ESPN is different. 

Lynch is very keen on the role the media plays in his management of the franchise. Just like how he baited Jed before he accepted the job to see if there were leaks. McG they purposely hid their interest. There’s more examples that i can find later

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Exactly where I stand right now. I won't be a surprised all that much with the selection of Williams if that happens, but I think it's certainly one of those two and I think the slight favorite is probably still Bosa. 

Archived