EDGE JOE JACKSON
MIAMI
178: R6P3

LB JOE GILES-HARRIS
DUKE
213: R6P38

CB BLACE BROWN
TROY

Round 3 and 4 were interesting. In round 3, I had the choice of several appealing wide receivers - Harmon, Brown, Ridley were all on the board. I elected to go with Harmon. 

Round 4 was another interesting scenario. I ended up double dipping the edge on Jackson's upside. Athletically, it's all there. But his on the field performance has been pretty underwhelming overall. If he ever gets it together though, he could be a steal. I actually bypassed Hakeem Butler with that pick....though I thought long and hard about it. Obviously, double dipping the edge may be a little overkill, but I also feel like you can't have enough edge rushers. 

Amani Hooker just declared from Iowa. Very interesting prospect at S, had a very good year and had he returned next year probably could have worked his way up to early 2nd if not 1st round pick. Might be around with our 3rd or 4th round pick even this year. 

Always question prospects that are pretty much top 10-15 locks when they go back to school, but have to respect his decision. Hopefully it works out for him and he doesn't suffer any type of injury next season that affects his draft position. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Always question prospects that are pretty much top 10-15 locks when they go back to school, but have to respect his decision. Hopefully it works out for him and he doesn't suffer any type of injury next season that affects his draft position. 

I think it really depends. If it is a guy that hasn't graduated i can understand the decision to stay and finish his degree. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

@757-NINER

As a huge Q Williams fan, would you play him at the one tech? 

I would play him all over the line....big end, 3-Tech, NT. He can do it all and has done it all for Bama. He can 2-gap or he can get upfield and pentrate. He can do whatever you ask him to do at a very high level. To me his biggest asset would be in nickel. What teams are doing now is trying to spread the defense out with 3 and 4 WRs and then run out of one-back sets. With a interior guy like Williams, you can play him in nickel because he's such a disruptive interior rusher but he can also be a excellent run defender in those situations. Once he cleans up his pad level and some technique issues, he's gonna be a monster...

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sure Auburn will have an insurance policy to cover him but I can see the appeal of staying for my senior season. Be the big man on campus, lots of coeds etc. I'd sure as hell leave for the cash personally but I can certainly understand the impulse. Plus with this being so deep of a DL class, maybe he goes top 5 instead of top 15 next year if the group is smaller, which it most likely will be.

20 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not sure how true it is, but someone in the browns forum said the advisory board gave him a day 2 grade

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure how true it is, but someone in the browns forum said the advisory board gave him a day 2 grade

No freaking way??? Wow, maybe he has some injury history or off the field concerns we don't know about? Or does the advisory board not take that into consideration? 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No freaking way??? Wow, maybe he has some injury history or off the field concerns we don't know about? Or does the advisory board not take that into consideration? 

I think they do. 

There was no source attached or anything, and I can't find it on my own, so take it with a grain of sale, but could absolutely make sense. I mean, Kiper has him as like the 5 or 6th rated DT? That could absolutely fall into the second round if you think about it if teams hedge toward other positions in the first round. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think they do. 

There was no source attached or anything, and I can't find it on my own, so take it with a grain of sale, but could absolutely make sense. I mean, Kiper has him as like the 5 or 6th rated DT? That could absolutely fall into the second round if you think about it if teams hedge toward other positions in the first round. 

Honestly, this DT class is so deep that he very well may be the 5th or 6th rated DT. I disagree from what I've seen and think he is a top 10 worthy pick, but you have the likes of Wilkins/Oliver/Williams/Lawrence/Simmons also being talked about being potential 1st round picks. So it is plausible that he slips to the 2nd round, but just unlikely IMO. Better chance he goes top 15 than going in the 2nd round.

Archived