2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

I think most of us, myself included would like to stay at pick 2 and add Bosa, Allen or even Williams for some but Haskins just declared and with 5 possible teams looking for their QBotF that possibly opens up some trade talks for us for those teams to go get their guy. 

On a side note, I’m headed down to the National Chanpionship looking forward to seeing a lot of these players live, spefically Q. Williams, C. Ferrell and many others. Been watching RB film lately too and I get a great vibe, like Chubb last year, from Harris. Would be a luxury pick admittedly but pairing him with Breida and/or McKinnon (might be a stretch but if it’s not a large cap him I could see McKinnon gone if this happened since Breida and Mostert have proven capable and can play STs) would be our very own version of Ingram and Kamara. If he’s there in the 3rd and a lot of areas of need have been addressed via FA I would love that RB combo.

28 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Hopefully this guy can produce in the combine and someone willing to trade up to 1 for him or even to us at 2.

As long as a team falls in love with him I think its a high possibility of someone trading up to snag him. Cards have a lot of needs. Bosa at #2 is a good chance now 

33 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

As long as a team falls in love with him I think its a high possibility of someone trading up to snag him. Cards have a lot of needs. Bosa at #2 is a good chance now 

Depends if they are willing to take a discounted price for the number 1 spot. Can’t see the Jags, Giants, Dolphins or Broncos paying the premium price to move up with plenty of holes on their roster as well.

28 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Trading up where though is the question. Not sure anyone trades with the Cards for Haskins. Good prospect with a lot of upside and it's still very early in the process but I don't see it necessary to move up to #1 overall to grab him. So I think Arizona stays put. Alot of things have to shake out before the draft, including free agency but I see a scenario where teams start calling the Raiders, trying to move up to #3 for Haskins. And I can definitely see the Raiders trying to stockpile even more picks for a total rebuild. The question is, does Gruden view Carr as his franchise QB?? IF NOT, then things get interesting and then moving up to #2 overall may have to be necessary for a team to grab Haskins. That would be the ideal scenario for us in this instance.

38 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

But why would a team jump all the way up to #1, or even #2, for him? Let's say the bidding war for Haskins comes down to the Giants, Jags, and Broncos. One of these teams only needs to move up to #5 to outbid the Giants. I just don't see it being likely that a team moves up to #1 to take Haskins, unless the 49ers manufacture a market for #2 to make QB-needy teams nervous. To me, it sounds like the Raiders or the Bucs are in a prime position to take advantage of this situation.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

But why would a team jump all the way up to #1, or even #2, for him? Let's say the bidding war for Haskins comes down to the Giants, Jags, and Broncos. One of these teams only needs to move up to #5 to outbid the Giants. I just don't see it being likely that a team moves up to #1 to take Haskins, unless the 49ers manufacture a market for #2 to make QB-needy teams nervous. To me, it sounds like the Raiders or the Bucs are in a prime position to take advantage of this situation.

I mean the bears traded up one spot to take Trubisky when it was known no other teams where willing to jump up. When it's about a QB teams would rather go get them then wait it out. 

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I mean the bears traded up one spot to take Trubisky when it was known no other teams where willing to jump up. When it's about a QB teams would rather go get them then wait it out. 

Even in that scenario though it was moving up one spot and not to number 1. Possible trade up to 1 for Haskins, sure anything is possible come draft time, just not very probable to me.

8 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

It was one spot and that was because we manufactured the market to scare the Bears. For us to do that again, there would need to be multiple teams helping with that.

• The Cardinals would need to make it obvious they're willing to trade down
  • The Raiders and Bucs would need to put it out there that they're willing to take Haskins if he falls there
  • The Jets would need to make it known that they're not willing to move because they know who they want.

If all of that happened, a team like the Jags would see that Haskins is not falling to them and would need to jump up to 1 or 2 to leap ahead of the Raiders, Bucs, and Giants. Even then, going from 7 to 1 or 2 is a huge and costly jump. Is Haskins worth that?

I'm all for someone trading up to 1 to take Haskins so Bosa can fall into our laps. I just don't see that happening.

44 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Depends if they are willing to take a discounted price for the number 1 spot. Can’t see the Jags, Giants, Dolphins or Broncos paying the premium price to move up with plenty of holes on their roster as well.

Not to mention what I would perceive as a strong willingness for teams like the Jets (to get back that second rounder they lost in the darnold trade) / Raiders (because rebuild) / Bucs (because apparently their preference is to move back according to their fans) to move down. Nobody is obligated to jump all the way up to #1 for Haskins. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Got a sixth for Lynch. Nice. 

Are you talking compensatory? I know that's what we are projected to have, but I thought the NFL didn't formally announce comp picks until the end of feb though? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Are you talking compensatory? I know that's what we are projected to have, but I thought the NFL didn't formally announce comp picks until the end of feb though? 

Think it's just the projection. 

Archived