The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

This WR core is starting to have that Kasen Williams, Bryce Treggs, and Sammie Coates feel... we have to get some reliable pass catchers...

Antonio Callaway has been utter garbage (yes, I've watched all his snaps this season and that word applies) in terms of his consistency in route running, critical moment and 3rd down drops, missed assignments, run blocking, etc...

Ratley is too far off from the impact we need to win games..

We have Jarvis Landry and JAGs.. some might develop into something else down the road but in the moment they are JAGs at best....

WE HAVE TO MAKE A MOVE beyond elevating UDFAs from practice squad..

OR... this season is going to be a 4-12 season guaranteed...

It was always going to be a 4-12 season, or worse.

There are no players on white horses riding in to save the team from that reality.

BTW, Landry is worse than a JAG right now. Worst reception to target ratio of his career. He is hot garbage at the moment, and on a deal that will haunt the team for years unless he magically turns it around. (He probably won't.)

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Antonio Callaway has been utter garbage (yes, I've watched all his snaps this season and that word applies) in terms of his consistency in route running, critical moment and 3rd down drops, missed assignments, run blocking, etc...

Yeah, he's been hot garbage. I hope he eventually builds a good career, but expecting him to step in to a starter role from the get go when he's obviously incredibly raw was a big mistake.

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

Yeah, he's been hot garbage. I hope he eventually builds a good career, but expecting him to step in to a starter role from the get go when he's obviously incredibly raw was a big mistake.

Innit funny how when you trade away your two most talented WRs, your WR corps is trash?

I am old enough to remember Jarvis Landry making the proclamation that this was the best WR group in the league.

19 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Innit funny how when you trade away your two most talented WRs, your WR corps is trash?

I am old enough to remember Jarvis Landry making the proclamation that this was the best WR group in the league.

Corey Coleman's actually available right now if they wanted him.

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

There are no players on white horses riding in to save the team from that reality.

BTW, Landry is worse than a JAG right now. Worst reception to target ratio of his career. He is hot garbage at the moment, and on a deal that will haunt the team for years unless he magically turns it around. (He probably won't.)

Baker Mayfield soon...very soon. Have faith, my friend.

be28774a7c4c384caf892ef954b4596c.jpg

8 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

Corey Coleman's actually available right now if they wanted him.

We don't allow trolling in the Browns forum.

14 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

What happened to Amari Cooper? I remember him absolutely destroying Haden as a rookie. He looked like he was on his way to being a top 10 WR in the league 

Shh...we're downplaying his value in case Jon Gruden, the Oakland Raiders GM, is reading this forum.

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Got ya, once he is off Ir though he gets released doesn't he? that is what happened with Vitale, it seems we are cuttign ties with the dude. 

Good question...

In short, the Waived-Injured designation is actually the only way that we could possibly get Burgess back on our active roster this season without taking up a roster spot during his injury.

So, it is actually a good thing, and likely points to the fact that in a few weeks we will resign him to the team.

-------------------------------

Here's why

There's a reason why we Waived-Injured James Burgess and it all has to do with the following:

1.) Burgess' Injury is not substantial enough to keep him out for the rest of the season at this point as he's likely out for 3-4 weeks with the hamstring; thus, he is not eligible to be placed on the Injured Reserve.

2.) We do not have the luxury to keep him on the roster 3-4 weeks while he gets healthy given we are doing so with other players (Higgins and Schobert)

3.) If he's was injured enough to be put on IR, he would not be eligible to return for 8 weeks. Each team is only allowed to designate 2 Players throughout the season to return from IR. By Waiving-Injured Burgess he won't take up that 2 IR-Return player designation allotment.

3.) We want to leave open the possibility to bring him back on the team this season.

------------------

We can now bring back Burgess in 3 weeks after he goes through the following process:

Players that are Waived-Injured have to clear waivers (they can be picked up by another team). Once they do so, they revert back to the team's Injured Reserve,

The teams than have a 4-6 day window to come up with a financial settlement for the player. Upon agreement the player is released.

Once the Waived-Injured player has been away from the team for 3 weeks after the time of receiving the settlement, the team can bring that player back to the active roster.

11 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Go be a west coast fan, you Debbie downer

1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

My second favourite kind of Debbie after a Debbie Rimjob

Little Debbie is offended. Not the preferred sweets of choice but solid when you only have 50 cents and a sweet tooth craving.

Also, my next door neighbor Debbie is the poster for milfs everywhere.

Archived