BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I just had a ****ty, ****ty Thanksgiving.  So there is no effort to be had on much of anything.  

I have had years of being in this league and I think this is the first week I've ever said **** it.  I've been late a few times cause things came up...but yeah...this was just a rough holiday.  

I mean, you turned something in last week but that was **** too. 

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

That's how bad of a week I had.  I didn't even have that much effort to give.  

I don't have the effort either. Cus Chris Hubbard is going to stop Cam Jordan apparently and the four wide of slow receivers is going to beat one of the best defenses in BDL who plays too physical for these sissy boys. I change my stance on tanking. I'm driving a Sherman right through BDL! And Josh Dobbs is driving it the rest of the year!

Edited by Counselor

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, Jlash said:
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 12:22 PM, Whicker said:

I'm not sure what happened here, as the deadline has been 10am EST all year. @DingoLadd we should probably make it noon in the future if that's what's stated in the OP

10 am is plenty of time to vote, I'm just gonna change the OP.

Throwing my hat into the ring a little late here.....I would actually prefer the Noon voting time. I'm not sure the 2 hours really affects anything as far as running the league goes but it gives me a couple more hours in case stuff hits the fan during work that I still have time to read the gameplans and give them adequate time.

15 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I just had a ****ty, ****ty Thanksgiving.  So there is no effort to be had on much of anything.  

I have had years of being in this league and I think this is the first week I've ever said **** it.  I've been late a few times cause things came up...but yeah...this was just a rough holiday.  

Sorry to hear that man, just wanted to note that it wasn't a "personal attack" as much as a general comment about just not submitting line-ups for a couple weeks. I understand life happens and I'd be one of the first ones to give leeway on things but since its my first year in the league I just wanted to point out the "**** it" approach before its an issue.

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Sorry to hear that man, just wanted to note that it wasn't a "personal attack" as much as a general comment about just not submitting line-ups for a couple weeks. I understand life happens and I'd be one of the first ones to give leeway on things but since its my first year in the league I just wanted to point out the "**** it" approach before its an issue.

Oh no no, I didn't take it as a personal attack at all.

But we do have a punishment system in for tanking.  Which I should be subject to.  

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, SkunkApes said:
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, pheltzbahr said:

Think Evans is wrong.  His rookie contract was 4/14.369 mil or something.  Would be higher than his BDL 2900.

That's never how we have done 5th year options. The current year's portion of two season 5th year options is based on the players existing BDL contract, not their RL rookie contract.

So I want to follow-up on this. Is there a place where these rules are written for contracts? I've been trying to manage all my info through the OP of this thread and there isn't even a 5th year option listed there.

Hate to put this burden on you @Jlash but can you go through and try and make the OP a little more detailed? I've had to ask dumb questions about 5th year options, locked vs unlocked players, tanking and non-voting punishments, and other things that I'm sure I'm missing that just aren't outlined in that OP. It would also probably make it easier for any new guys that wanted to join that EVERYTHING is out there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So I want to follow-up on this. Is there a place where these rules are written for contracts? I've been trying to manage all my info through the OP of this thread and there isn't even a 5th year option listed there.

With our switch to this forum, some stuff did get lost in the transition.  It's either based off precedent or the owner's meetings.  Unfortunately some of the past meeting's threads have been lost on the old forum.  

Man I really thought I had a good chance this past weekend. If I wasn't on vacation visiting family I probably could have done a better job gameplanning to the specific opponent but due to restraints ended up having to borrow some of the previous week's plan. That's on me, that's L is the coaching staff failing to live up to the expectations of the players.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Hate to put this burden on you @Jlash but can you go through and try and make the OP a little more detailed? I've had to ask dumb questions about 5th year options, locked vs unlocked players, tanking and non-voting punishments, and other things that I'm sure I'm missing that just aren't outlined in that OP. It would also probably make it easier for any new guys that wanted to join that EVERYTHING is out there.

I'll try to get as much as I can in there, like pheltz said lots of stuff was lost in the move.

• Like 1