BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

Considering the growth of the actual NFL Salary Cap in the past 5 years has been a steady 8% per year, I think if we go out 4 years at 2.5%, we could find ourselves in a problem.  I will vote no to the current option, but am fine with a 2.5% increase for each of the next 2 seasons.

Topic #2 - NO

53 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Considering the growth of the actual NFL Salary Cap in the past 5 years has been a steady 8% per year, I think if we go out 4 years at 2.5%, we could find ourselves in a problem.  I will vote no to the current option, but am fine with a 2.5% increase for each of the next 2 seasons.

Topic #2 - NO

I agree with this reasoning.

Topic 2 - No.

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

Topic #2 - NO

24 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I agree with this reasoning.

Topic 2 - No.

This IS something that can be voted on each year. 

And to be clear,  @pheltzbahr by "find ourselves in a problem" what do you mean? I'm not as smart as yew.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

This IS something that can be voted on each year. 

And to be clear,  @pheltzbahr by "find ourselves in a problem" what do you mean? I'm not as smart as yew.

The general economic mechanics could break down if we lag or get ahead of the RL curve at some point.  Its not prudent to commit to 4 years, and we could see voting based to reverse/enforce the rule to the benefit of your own team/cap, rather than the health of the league as a whole, which should be the basis of voting imo.

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

The general economic mechanics could break down if we lag or get ahead of the RL curve at some point.  Its not prudent to commit to 4 years, and we could see voting based to reverse/enforce the rule to the benefit of your own team/cap, rather than the health of the league as a whole, which should be the basis of voting imo.

The proposal doesn't ask for a 4 year commitment. He was just giving a break down of what it would look like 4 years from now. 

Just now, Jlash said:

The proposal doesn't ask for a 4 year commitment. He was just giving a break down of what it would look like 4 years from now. 

It does say permanent, which again I think makes things potentially inflexible and open to shenanigans.

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

It does say permanent, which again I think makes things potentially inflexible and open to shenanigans.

True, but it also points out the option of voting on it again in the future. 

2 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Topic #2 - NO

It's not 2.5% for the next 4 years it's 2.5% forever, that's what the etc etc etc meant. As I mentioned we could always revisit the % increase in case the NFL gets some massive increases at a later date. Currently we are already ahead of them at $170K to $168M.

What this does is just put an automatic increase in going forward.

18 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic #2 Permanent Salary Cap increases Year to Year

Beginning in 2019, we will have a standard per year increase of the BDL salary cap of 2.5%. Rounding to the nearest $25 increment.

YTY Salary Cap

2018 - $170,000

2019 - $174,250

2020 - $178,600

2021 - $183,075

Etc.Etc.

The way we have done this in the past is every 2-3 years we just vote to Bump the Cap by about $5K. Structuring it this way would allow you to plan better for future contract increases in the BDL to match rising NFL contracts. I chose 2.5% to be somewhat on the cautious side. It should be enough but later down the road we can look at adjusting if needed. Rounding to make Rags happy.

Yes - 10 - Hockey, Jlash, MD4L, Rags, RuskieTitan, PR, Whicker, Dingo, Xmad, SirA

No - 4 - Pheltz, Lukic, Ted, BCB

Paging.

Edited by SirA1