BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

7 hours ago, Whicker said:

I don't think this is the way to go about it. What happens if someone has bid up the second player multiple times? Does this reset the clock? If so, then this system could be abused to keep the bid on a player alive without any risk. In this recent Tank I felt like I had to keep the bid on Joe Flacco alive, because I wasn't sure what exactly was going to happen between PR and me for Carson Palmer. There were a few times I ran the risk of paying a couple thousand or more on two backup QBs that likely wouldn't see the field. With this rule, I could have kept bidding both of them up until I won one and then just be let off the hook for the other.

I think the rule should be that people are responsible for their own cap and roster space. People can make whatever bids they choose and all won players will be added to their rosters. If a team is over the cap or over the roster limit on a game day, then they forfeit that game. If they have to sell a bunch of their guys for pennies on the dollar to get under the cap for poor roster decisions, then I say so be it.

I get your point, but this goes back to Rofl's actual point. In the situation you propose, if a team has to forfeit a game then what happens? They keep forfeiting games? They won't be able to cut the guys we just allowed them to sign because they're on their own with their signings. So then what? Letting teams go beyond roster limits/cap restrictions so they can forfeit games doesn't benefit anyone. 

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

I get your point, but this goes back to Rofl's actual point. In the situation you propose, if a team has to forfeit a game then what happens? They keep forfeiting games? They won't be able to cut the guys we just allowed them to sign because they're on their own with their signings. So then what? Letting teams go beyond roster limits/cap restrictions so they can forfeit games doesn't benefit anyone. 

Then he has to trade one or more of his players to get under the cap. If someone abuses this rule for tanking then, as Rags said, he would be subject to removal from the league. It wouldn't be hard to determine if the team in question was making an effort to get under the cap or not. 

Or perhaps this rule needs to come with another rule in regards to one's ability to cut someone. 

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

@OleXmad Michael and Charles Johnson were in double in your roster in the spreadsheet. Do you want to cancel both of your sub 500 cuts? You're under the cap and the roster limit without those cuts

Yep, thanks ted.