2019 Draft Talk

swede700

49 minutes ago, Boda said:

How would everyone feel about this?  Im undecided but part of me thinks Hue will be fine if he gets around familiar people and isn't the main man in charge.  As long as Zimmer doesn't get emotional if he's not doing his job I think I'd be okay.

There's nothing to be undecided about him from me...Hue can go fly a kite, I don't want him anywhere near this football team.  

If not Stefanski, then you have to go with Adam Gase (if he's not hired as a HC elsewhere) or Jeremy Bates (who may or may not be back with the Jets, depending upon who they hire).  They both have significant experience as OC's, and likely would both have success working with Cousins, since they both actually had success working with Jay Cutler, whose game is far more similar to Cousins than we may realize (even if they aren't the same in personality).  

Teams in front of us that could go QB, the more QBs selected in front of #18 the better.

4 - Raiders?
6 - Giants
7 - Jaguars
10 - Broncos
11 - Bengals?
13 - Dolphins
15 - Washington?

I left Tampa off as I think they said they're rolling with Winston. I think Foles will want to start and cash-in somewhere next year. Bridgewater I think ends up in Florida with the Dolphins or Jags. 

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Teams in front of us that could go QB, the more QBs selected in front of #18 the better.

4 - Raiders?
6 - Giants
7 - Jaguars
10 - Broncos
11 - Bengals?
13 - Dolphins
15 - Washington?

I left Tampa off as I think they said they're rolling with Winston. I think Foles will want to start and cash-in somewhere next year. Bridgewater I think ends up in Florida with the Dolphins or Jags. 

I''m not so sure about that on WInston. Are they going to want to pay him $20M (the amount of his 5th--year option) for his performance thus far?  I wouldn't.  It's probably better to cut bait now.  

47 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

4 - Raiders?
6 - Giants
7 - Jaguars
10 - Broncos
11 - Bengals?
13 - Dolphins
15 - Washington?

I hope none are selected before 18 and we have our pick...and take one. 

11 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

In 2020 perhaps. I think you're going to be sorely disappointed in April when we don't take a QB in round 1.

Oh I’m fully aware they won’t take one. Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. I suppose that Kirk’s ego wouldn’t be able to take it and he’d fold even more. 

6 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Oh I’m fully aware they won’t take one. Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. I suppose that Kirk’s ego wouldn’t be able to take it and he’d fold even more. 

Out of curiosity how would you rank the QBs this year?

I will say I'd be tempted if Haskins declares AND fell a little bit. The problem is having him sit for two years unless we pull a Baltimore.

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Out of curiosity how would you rank the QBs this year?

I will say I'd be tempted if Haskins declares AND fell a little bit. The problem is having him sit for two years unless we pull a Baltimore.

I think that Haskins would be a solid option that probably needs to sit for at least a year anyways. However, there's a 0% chance he'd fall that far. With how things are shaking out, I think that 2020's draft is looking a bit better at QB anyways, so maybe there will be someone who drops to 32 that year for the Vikings.

Archived