2019 Draft Talk

swede700

6 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Oh I’m fully aware they won’t take one. Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. I suppose that Kirk’s ego wouldn’t be able to take it and he’d fold even more. 

If they just give the backup job to Sloter, then they'll need to bring in another guy late in the draft.  

Being 100% honest I hope we just role with Sloter. 

Worst case senerio, Cousins goes down, gets hurt, Sloter comes in (find out what we got with him).

I really have no idea on Sloter. To me it feels like Ryan Tannehill. We have seen amazing stuff, and completely average with him..... in preseason.

Worst case out of that is he completely bombs, we blow up the coaching staff, find ourselves with a top ten pick, and let the new future coaching staff pick our QB of the future. 

I really see no advantage of taking a 6-7th round pick on a QB. Unless Murray somehow is around and we take an absolute dart throw on him to see if he will play.

17 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I really see no advantage of taking a 6-7th round pick on a QB. Unless Murray somehow is around and we take an absolute dart throw on him to see if he will play.

Who would be QB #3? I think that's why a lot of us, and why I mocked in my mock off season a QB late. Since it's not much in terms of draft capital, I think that it makes sense to grab a QB late in the draft, and probably should be done most years. If the Vikings had a history of only two QB's on the roster, then I would say drafting one is less likely, but they always have three QB's, so they need to get one, and instead of signing someone like Seiman and having him as the #2 or signing some other random QB as their #3, drafting one makes a lot of sense.

Just now, The Gnat said:

Who would be QB #3? I think that's why a lot of us, and why I mocked in my mock off season a QB late. Since it's not much in terms of draft capital, I think that it makes sense to grab a QB late in the draft, and probably should be done most years. If the Vikings had a history of only two QB's on the roster, then I would say drafting one is less likely, but they always have three QB's, so they need to get one, and instead of signing someone like Seiman and having him as the #2 or signing some other random QB as their #3, drafting one makes a lot of sense.

If Cousins has one attribute to be admired it is that he is very durable!  I don't think he's ever missed a start due to injury since coming into the league.  If Sloter shows more development this off season, how about elevating him to number 2, draft a 3rd day quarterback and stash him on the practice squad.  At this point, I would be ok with two QB's on the active roster.

54 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

In all honesty it depends to me. The difference between a 6-7 round pick on a QB to UDFA I see no difference. 

I realize it goes true with the UDFA also with position players, but I think you can still take chances on some of these players and grab them before they become UDFA, and you have that for sure shot at getting the players you want, rather then having a late 7th round QB that “most likely” won’t contriubute to much through out the season.

If fine if they take their shot at a late round QB, but I hope it’s on one that’s a complete gamble and not just your typical weak arm, solid statue CB that tends to go late in the draft.

Yeah, I mean, if they don't think there is a QB #3 they must get, then you draft another position, but if there is someone they really want, then they draft the QB. It's kind of a coin flip like that. Depends on how the late rounds shake out.

40 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Anyone have any intel on Noah Fant and where he'd go?

I'd love if he fell to us in round 2. 

Not even as good as his teammate (in my eyes)....

but no way he is there round 2 for us where we sit. He could go anywhere from mid-late round one.

still think he is great and would love for him to fall to us

Archived