2019 Draft Talk

swede700

People really need to stop pretending that Dalton Risner will be available for the Vikings in the freaking late 2nd round of the draft.  I mean come on!  The guy will be gone in the 1st round and would be never available 2nd round what so ever.  

depressing_anchorman.gif

As Steve has said, “anything can happen”

its also a mock draft simulator using a very specific board/predictive board... I don’t think any of us reasonably expect him to be there at 50. But, if doing these mocks, he’s staring us in the face... why wouldn’t we take him?

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

People really need to stop pretending that Dalton Risner will be available for the Vikings in the freaking late 2nd round of the draft.  I mean come on!  The guy will be gone in the 1st round and would be never available 2nd round what so ever.  

depressing_anchorman.gif

Im sorry but this is total crap.  EVERY year we hear people say so & so has absolutely no chance of falling yet miraculously EVERY year there's that one talent that falls.  You have absolutely no idea of whats going to happen.  I have seen from multiple sources that I trust that Risner is going anywhere from 15- 40.  Sorry if I'll take their word over yours

59 minutes ago, Boda said:

Im sorry but this is total crap.  EVERY year we hear people say so & so has absolutely no chance of falling yet miraculously EVERY year there's that one talent that falls.  You have absolutely no idea of whats going to happen.  I have seen from multiple sources that I trust that Risner is going anywhere from 15- 40.  Sorry if I'll take their word over yours

You can believe what you want to believe, but for Risner to fall to the 50th pick in the 2nd round...  Yeah will see about that one, I will remember this little comment come draft time.  What exactly makes Risner an offensive line prospect that is not worth a 1st round pick to early 2nd round pick?  And since when do NFL teams not need offensive linemen?  Last time I checked almost every team in the NFL need OL help in some degree or another.  

45 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You can believe what you want to believe, but for Risner to fall to the 50th pick in the 2nd round...  Yeah will see about that one, I will remember this little comment come draft time.  What exactly makes Risner an offensive line prospect that is not worth a 1st round pick to early 2nd round pick?  And since when do NFL teams not need offensive linemen?  Last time I checked almost every team in the NFL need OL help in some degree or another.  

Did you even read what I wrote?  You tell me where pick 15 - 40 falls then get back to me

Edit:

Im going to save us one back & forth.  You said he doesn't fall out of the 1st, thats crap, it could happen but since that initial statement you seem to have back tracked on saying theres no way he falls out of the first which I don't think you can predict when he's not a top 30 prospect & although teams have Offensive line issues they also have other issues, my point is there is no way you can say for sure this player wont fall just like Floyd was a top 5 pick and there was absolutely no way he falls to us.  Now do I think he'll last to pick 50? Absolutely not but it wont surprise me at all if he went 40

15 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

I get the normal site to work but the mock draft simulator keeps freezing.  Bummer they don't propose or offer trades like First Pick

It finally appears to have been fixed.  I imagine at some point they will add in the trade function.  I do like the first draft I was able to pull off...

Rd 1: iOL Chris Lindstrom (Boston College)

Rd 2: LB Devin Bush, Jr (Michigan)

Rd 3: OT Michael Deiter (Wisconsin)

Rd 4: TE Dax Raymond (Utah St)

Rd 6: WR Parris Campbell (Ohio St)

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Not sure what to think of this. With the overall talent at the TE position we could see a lot of people hang out and wait I guess.

NFL teams just have not put a high level of value on the TE position when it comes to the draft. 

In the last 10 years, only one tight end (Eric Ebron) has been drafted before the 19th pick. And only eight have been drafted in the 1st round all together. Expand that out over the last 15 years, and of the 15 TEs drafted in the 1st round, an additional two TEs (Kellen Winslow and Vernon Davis) have been drafted in the top half of the 1st round. 

So, unless Hockenson showcases some elite level athleticism at the combine, I just don’t think he’s the explosive playmaker at the position to get him drafted in the top 20. 

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The underwater olympics are upon us! Where half an inch means more in Indianapolis than it does in Solicone Valley.

I applaud your ability to make a half inch reference that is appropriate for these boards.  Spending this much time around middle schoolers has basically turned me back into one of them.

Iirc, arm length is more important in a zone blocking scheme and angle blocking scheme than a power man because the guy that gets his arms on the other guy first is more likely to win the battle as the linemen move in their zone. Under 34 inches should be a ding the Vikings scouts note assuming they are targeting zone blockers. That said, half an inch shouldn't knock the guy off their board as a tackle prospect by any means.

8 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

What is everyone's thoughts on Isaac Nauta as a late round TE prospect?

Is he going to be a late round prospect?  I thought he was more of a 2nd-3rd round guy.  The TDN guys all have him listed between 50-75 on their boards.  

Archived