Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

Talking about Jordy, I think our offense is gonna be very different to where his loss isn’t significant. 

I think we’re going to move to a more more systematic offensive approach, and less of a big play offense. I think our running game is going to be featured more, Cobb/Monty/Graham short to intermediate routes and Davante as our deep guy. Idt it’s gonna be exactly like NE, but it wouldn’t shock me if it looked to be more like them.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

As was posted here, I thought GB made a mistake by releasing Jordy prior to having those free agents commit to GB.

Yeah. That's where I'm at with it. It's not the end of the world but that's kind of my feeling at the moment anyways.

37 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Talking about Jordy, I think our offense is gonna be very different to where his loss isn’t significant. 

I think we’re going to move to a more more systematic offensive approach, and less of a big play offense. I think our running game is going to be featured more, Cobb/Monty/Graham short to intermediate routes and Davante as our deep guy. Idt it’s gonna be exactly like NE, but it wouldn’t shock me if it looked to be more like them.

I wish it were true...running game.  Systematic offensive approach.

But #12 is under center.  He's going to audible out of those runs, he's going to try to extend plays.  it is what he does.  I'm unsure if Mac can get through to him at this stage of his career.

I really hope you are right, but I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

Look at what happened last year.  Rodgers goes down and I thought Mac put in some nice running plays.  Nice play action passes.  Now, execution in the passing game was awful by Hundley, but I was a big fan of the design of the gameplan.

I was hoping to see that kind of offense against Carolina.  And I swear we had a gameplan like that in..but soon enough, Rodgers started extending plays and we got into trouble.  it is like his fallback mode.  I know he was surgical in the Super Bowl and the playoff run.  I hope Mac can show him that old tape versus that Carolina tape and get through to him.

43 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

What frustrated me concerning Nelson was how much it differed from Driver's situation.  Another iconic WR, beloved by fans.  He got his swan song and I'll maintain it was money well spent.  They should have done that with Jordy.

So you think the team should make its roster decisions so as to fit in swan songs? I've always thought them nothing but a continual distraction - in all the sports. Guess I'm just a cold hearted B%$#@!&

13 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I did not see that coming lol

Since we're talking about pointless

I need better hobbies. I'm also sitting in a Discord chat watching people run through the theories on the next Battlefield game. And watching a Brazilian show with dubbed English on Netflix. The good news is I just went and bought a bunch of candy, sunflower seeds and mountain dew. That should help.

3%? I just tried watching it. Got through a couple episodes and realized I was watching a soap opera.

You guys realize this website has an Entertainment section, right?  You can go there and read me bitching and moaning about TV shows and movies.  I also provide recommendations.  The difference is I actually know what I'm talking about with movies and TV.  This site also has a This Ain't Sports Talk section, where users play games to kill time. 

13 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You guys realize this website has an Entertainment section, right?  You can go there and read me bitching and moaning about TV shows and movies.  I also provide recommendations.  The difference is I actually know what I'm talking about with movies and TV.  This site also has a This Ain't Sports Talk section, where users play games to kill time. 

With all you lovely folks here, this is my entertainment section. 

38 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

There is a kill H2Z game?

I would rather talk about how awesome Geronimo Allison is going to be next season.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I wish it were true...running game.  Systematic offensive approach.

But #12 is under center.  He's going to audible out of those runs, he's going to try to extend plays.  it is what he does.  I'm unsure if Mac can get through to him at this stage of his career.

I really hope you are right, but I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

Look at what happened last year.  Rodgers goes down and I thought Mac put in some nice running plays.  Nice play action passes.  Now, execution in the passing game was awful by Hundley, but I was a big fan of the design of the gameplan.

I was hoping to see that kind of offense against Carolina.  And I swear we had a gameplan like that in..but soon enough, Rodgers started extending plays and we got into trouble.  it is like his fallback mode.  I know he was surgical in the Super Bowl and the playoff run.  I hope Mac can show him that old tape versus that Carolina tape and get through to him.

Very good point. I guess I’m really hoping Aaron evolves and takes advantage of the personel around him. I’m real excited for this offense.

On 5/13/2018 at 7:28 PM, Donzo said:

Rodney is brutal awful, you'd be better of quoting ariago... The bellyaching about not replacing Jordy is so hollow it's hard to believe a Packer fan would buy into it.

Jordy's contract and projected touches were replaced by Graham... If the spin about that is one is "WR" and the other is a "TE", then it's a waste of time dealing with that agenda.

I mean he's just a fan like every other single person in this forum. He just happens to be a guy who has taken a negative view on TT and Capers the last 5 years. That's not a popular opinion around here so it makes him "uninformed." 

2 hours ago, pollino14 said:

That's the idea, but like others have said, I'm skeptical our offense is going to really change at all. Still MM running the show and Rodgers throwing the ball. That's why the "we replaced Jordy with Graham" makes no sense to me. Graham replaced Bennett.  We haven't repaced Jordy. Those are the straight facts without the spin.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's the idea, but like others have said, I'm skeptical our offense is going to really change at all. Still MM running the show and Rodgers throwing the ball. That's why the "we replaced Jordy with Graham" makes no sense to me. Graham replaced Bennett.  We haven't repaced Jordy. Those are the straight facts without the spin.

I think it’s open to interpretation. The way I take it, Jimmy is going to play a lot outside, and take a lot of Jordy’s targets. I think he ‘ takes over for Jordy’ in levels of importance. Becomes the second option in the passing game.

2 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

3%? I just tried watching it. Got through a couple episodes and realized I was watching a soap opera.

Yeah lol. And I watched both seasons, kind of. It played in the same room as me for two seasons lol. There's really nothing to it to even talk too much about, but it's not so absolutely terrible that I cared enough to change it. But yeah it's not good.. Do not recommend

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm not in the cliche there so nobody talks to me.

Archived