2019 NFL Draft - Quarterbacks

AlNFL19

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

My top four of the last two years would look like this..:

1. Mayfield

2. Haskins

3. Darnold

4. Murray

If Haskins had another year, I'd put him at 1. Since he didn't, I'd put him below Darnold and drop Murray for Rosen. Might even have Allen over Murray TBH. Just my opinion piggybacking off your post lol

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Best value bet of the draft:

Drew Lock selected over 10 1/2 -140

Almost even money. Broncos aren’t taking Lock, I’m like 75-80% on that. 

Well doesn't seem like they'll take him 1.10.   Trading back into Rd 1, though, I wouldn't be so sure.  Still very worried there.

(But yes, your prop bet seems like a good one.  Would have to be a worst-case draft where Hockenstein and both Devin's are gone and Haskins also gone to have 1.10 go that way, reading the tea leaves).

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Honestly don't know what to make of Finley, by far the most genuinely polarizing QB prospect I've seen in years outside of the likely 1st round guys.

Is Finley really that polarizing?  I think most of what i've seen, even people who don't particularly like him are mostly looking at him as a relatively "high floor" but pretty "low ceiling" QB prospect with a lot of the intangibles to be a fairly "safe" bet as a steady backup QB at least.  I suppose there are a few people out there convinced that the tools are good enough to be more than that.  There are always outliers, but even then, most of what i've seen is pegging him optimistically as...a real "game managing" lower end starter type?  Some variance on how people value that sort of QB prospect between those who think he's got enough "upside" to potentially start vs those who don't.  It's all seemed mostly within a similar sort of range and projection to me though.

Clayton Thorson seems like the far more polarizing QB prospect to me.  People who absolutely love him, people who absolutely hate him.  Not a lot of "lukewarm" in between, that i've noticed.  Projections all over the place in what he could become, and i've seen people ranking/mocking him basically anywhere from early Day2 to late Day3 or even UDFA.

Archived