Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

52 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

It's early, but it looks like New Orleans got the best EDGE in the draft and GB got the best CB+ a 1st rounder. 

Chubb and Ward are gonna have something to say about that, but I'm quite happy with our haul and I would imagine the Saints feel the same way.

Huge Landry fan here.  And after reading and learning from AG#20...would Landry have been a fit for the defense?   I'm thinking he was too small and not powerful enough.

I was wondering about Arden Key....in the draft, it appeared like GB was trying to move up to get him...and fell just short.  At least that is what I thought at the time.  But again, is he powerful enough to play EDGE in this scheme?  I don't know his style of play...or how he's done this year to really tell.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:24 PM, vegas492 said:

Huge Landry fan here.  And after reading and learning from AG#20...would Landry have been a fit for the defense?   I'm thinking he was too small and not powerful enough.

I was wondering about Arden Key....in the draft, it appeared like GB was trying to move up to get him...and fell just short.  At least that is what I thought at the time.  But again, is he powerful enough to play EDGE in this scheme?  I don't know his style of play...or how he's done this year to really tell.

I don't see Landry as a good fit in our scheme.  As for Key, the character concerns probably kept him off the board for us.

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Can kill this thread. This pick is somewhere from 26-32. No reason to Saints watch anymore.

Should rename it to Washington. They just lost Smith so that 4th rounder could make it to upper half.

2 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Should rename it to Washington. They just lost Smith so that 4th rounder could make it to upper half.

Regardless of losing Alex Smith, that pick was going to be upper half anyway. That OL is what killed his season.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Regardless of losing Alex Smith, that pick was going to be upper half anyway. That OL is what killed his season.

I disagree. Healthy Alex Smith and that team is above .500. That defense is good and they dont play a team above .500 the rest of the season.

Archived