USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

@Bigbear72 @Sllim Pickens @WE-R-Lions @Lionized @JaguarCrazy2832 @EaglesPeteC @Oregon Ducks @winitall @HvacRaider @SaveOurSonics @deathstar

ITEM 1.

@WE-R-Lions and I were discussing contingency plans if the season goes sideways because of COVID. With the hope to being as fair and transparent as possible we felt it was important to explain the 2021 draft order of less than a full season is played this year. 

We discussed five different strategies of constructing a draft order and both agree that this plan would be the most fair and simple for all parties.

PLAN:
If there are 8 or more regular season weeks played the draft order will be determined by standings with points scored being the tie breaker. If the season ends during the playoffs without completion of the championship, teams that advance in the playoffs will be drafting later per usual rules. 

if less than 8 Regular season weeks are played, the order will be dictated upon ESPN decide. ESPN decide has respectable projections for the league that are visible to all league members after the draft.

Understand that this only applies if we play less than a full season this year. It has no effect on this years draft. You can see this years draft order on pg. 86.

ITEM 2.

If a team is deemed "tanking" by the LM in the playoffs or Reg season to try to get a better draft position, your team's first pk the following years draft will be moved to the last pick in that Rd, a tanking GM could risk being removed from the league. The LM will adjust the weekly scoring to the identified tanking team as needed per week. Items that could be flag as a tanking team are as follows: (Players in your line-up for multiple weeks are on a bye, empty slots in your line-up, a player listed as "out" or on "IR" before game day, Not playing a stud player, FA fill-in possibilities, the LM needing to adjust your score, will all be factored in to determine tanking teams). If a GM is removed from the league for tanking, the new GM's draft slot would be restored to it's proper drafting slot the following year.

• Like 6

@Bigbear72 @Sllim Pickens @WE-R-Lions @Lionized @JaguarCrazy2832 @EaglesPeteC @Oregon Ducks @winitall @HvacRaider @SaveOurSonics @deathstar

This is a reminder that keepers are due July 25 by midnight/ET...one week from now. Go to ESPN and select them if you haven’t already. You can always change them if it’s done before the deadline. Thank you 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Go to your team pg, select the keeper tab, pick your keepers, remember to hit the Summit Keepers button:)

I found it on the ESPN app...wasn’t easy. You have to go “Roster”, then in the top right of the page select “Edit Team Info”, then about half way down the page on the right click “Edit Keepers”. 

Much more straight forward on a computer. 

• Like 1

PM me with any interest you have. Willing to get very creative with trade ups, trade downs, future picks, player swaps, etc. 

QBs: Dak Prescott 

RBs: Joe Mixon / Raheem Mostert / Kerryon Johnson / Tevin Coleman 

WRs: Keenan Allen / TY Hilton / Cooper Kupp / DK Metcalf / DeVante Parker / Curtis Samuel

TEs: Will Dissly / OJ Howard 

Thank you everyone for getting your keepers in. We are locked and loaded for the draft to start about a week from now. You have until midnight ET tomorrow to make modifications to your keeper list. Remember if you pull a trade between now and then...make sure to make the necessary changes on ESPN to your keeper list.

I will be putting up a draft thread in the coming days, but please keep the discussion to this thread. Only make your selections on the draft thread. Thank you.

I just created a draft thread. Please reserve that thread for DRAFT PICKS ONLY. You can announce trades on this thread. Please read the details of draft rules on the DRAFT THREAD, as just about every year someone violates the rules and it either screws that person over or it just slows the draft.

Good draft etiquette is to not take up your entire time. I get it...sometimes we are hoping to trade back and we are trying to wait it out. But please be reasonable with your wait times. We're all busy...and not many of us want to hover over the draft thread for weeks on end. If you have any concern what-so-ever about your availability...that is fine. Please send either @WE-R-Lions or me your big board and I'll stick to your board to make selections. I'm also very fine with texting you to let you know that you are on the clock if you are comfortable with that. We all just want to see that this thing runs smoothly and are able to have a good time.

As an aside, this has been a very challenging year. We've all experienced new and challenging stressors and time constraints. I know a number of you work within healthcare (and I'm one of them)...it's been really challenging. Thank you for your commitment in seeing that this league thrives...it is really one of the better dynasty leagues out there. It's already been a fun season with really unprecedented trading...so I think that we have a good group of managers. Good luck everyone.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, sammymvpknight said:

I’ll restate this for the new guys. And I’ll do it again immediately before the draft. You must draft a kicker and defense. If you don’t, you will lose the player you draft instead.

@sammymvpknight just a clarifying question is a team required to draft 1 of each, or just need to have 1 of each rostered by the end of draft. I’m just confused because of the original post on the draft page TYIA.