The Totally Transcendent Teddy Thread

Heimdallr

7 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

But, it looks like Bradford can't take any hitting, and The Vikings' OL can't protect him.  I would let him move on, and go with teddy plus a pick up for insurance.

Well obviously, he's hurt right now. Should the Vikings move on from Cook since he can take any hits or make any cuts right now?

10 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Decided to check the schedule.

Next game is his 6th game to miss. So he activation window is 7th (Ravens), 8th (Browns @ UK), then maybe 9th (Redskins after bye). I'm not sure if bye week counts towards the 3 weeks.

Looks like that London game in AM might be the best time for activation. He gets 2 wks to practice (maybe starts in London) then gets 2 week's to rest up for next game.

Very plausible IMO

Naming him the starter coming out of London and going into the bye makes sense, but that field in Wahington always worries me....I'd like to avoid that, if possible.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Well obviously, he's hurt right now. Should the Vikings move on from Cook since he can take any hits or make any cuts right now?

Bradford continually has problems with his knee.  That probably won't change.  Betting on him to have a few healthy seasons is probably a bad bet.  Teddy has only hurt his knee once, and he's a LOT younger.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

The Vikes may very well need to look for another RB in the draft next year. No telling how Cook will recover. McKinnon isn't anything special and is ineffective more often than not. Plus he's a free agent. 

Cook and Bradford aren't that comparable. Bradford has dealt with multiple knee surgeries.

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The Vikes may very well need to look for another RB in the draft next year. No telling how Cook will recover. McKinnon isn't anything special and is ineffective more often than not. Plus he's a free agent. 

Cook and Bradford aren't that comparable. Bradford has dealt with multiple knee surgeries.

It was said mostly in jest

I can't imagine a QB who hasn't played in a year and a half and is coming off a catastrophic knee injury will be thrown into a game situation mid-season.

If Bradford is out long term/for the season, Keenum is my QB as long as this team still has a shot at the playoffs. If the day comes where the Vikings are officially eliminated or there's mop up opportunities, that's when I get Teddy in there IF he's holding up well in practice. Getting some eyes on what Teddy can do in a game would be critical for making the big off-season decision.

Regardless, if Bradford wakes up tomorrow and his knee is at 100% (or whatever max health is for HIS knees), I'm still sitting him until after the bye week. He's NOT going against Green Bay on a short week. Baltimore is "meh" and Cleveland sucks then we're on a bye. Case can easily lead us to victory against them and that's 4 more weeks for Bradford to get healthy....if he can.

If sitting Bradford for 4 more weeks means I can get him back to where he was health wise (or close to it) in week 1, I'm doing it and hoping Keenum can win 2 of 3 against Green Bay/Baltimore/Cleveland.

13 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I can't imagine a QB who hasn't played in a year and a half and is coming off a catastrophic knee injury will be thrown into a game situation mid-season.

I doubt they'll only have a one-week plan. They'll probably target a potential date weeks down the road that he can work towards.

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I doubt they'll only have a one-week plan. They'll probably target a potential date weeks down the road that he can work towards.

Well, we could just clinch the division after the game in Lambeau and let him close it out at Vault-halla against the Bears.  xD

Teddy Bridgewater is eligible to be activated from the physically unable to perform list next week and trainer Eric Sugarman said on Tuesday that the team will now if he’s ready for that on Monday.

“He will be reevaluated by his surgeon next Monday and then we’ll take it from there,” Sugarman said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/10/teddy-bridgewater-to-be-evaluated-for-coming-off-pup-list-monday/

I wonder if Teddy worked on reinviting himself in his time off.

That is, working on his footwork, getting the ball out faster etc. I'm looking for just general things that will keep him upright and eliminate some of the risk of him getting hit and reinjuring his knee again. Even if he's lost some mobility he may be able to overcompensate with his mechanics.

I am no where near up to speed on how the IR works as far as designating a player for return, but could a scenario play out where Bradford is placed on IR and be eligible to return later in the year? If so, I could see a scenario playing out where Keenum remains the starter through week 8-9, and would then be replaced by TB once we know he is game ready. Once Teddy comes off the PUP Sam would be IR'd to make room for teddy and we would roll with Keenum as the starter, Sloter as the backup, and not activate Teddy on gameday until that week 8-9 timeframe. Sam, if I am correct in the whole "return from IR" thing could be available again towards the end of the season which would give us a bevy of options assuming we are in a position to make the playoffs.

There’s an 8 week mandated time on IR before a player can return. 

If the team activated Bridgewater immediately after the Green Bay game, and put Bradford on IR, then yes, he could theoretically come back with 2-3 weeks to go. But if the team waits the allotted 3 weeks to activate Bridgewater, then put Bradford on IR, his season would be over. 

Archived