see ya jamar

mistakey

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Nah he was average. Just couldn’t tackle a lick. 

8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I didn’t think any of our 3 CBs were much more or less than mediocre, with McCourty playing well above that for much of the season.  Problem was scheme and depth.  The former perhaps a result of the latter, or as suggested in here, Greg thumbing his nose at Sashi.

Or that could just be how Greg runs his defense....I really hope not though....

Yeah I’d have liked to have brought him in this summer and see what he could do tbh. I’m not sure some of these no names we brought in are definitely better than he is.

A 2020 6th rounder isn’t exactly getting my jeans tight here. 

We traded #223 for Jamar Taylor and #250 back in 2016 and we were able to turn that into one good year of production, one average year of production and a 2020 6th round pick. I would say we more than got fair return for the investment. We have at least 5 corners on the roster better than him(Ward, Gaines, Carrie, Mitchell and Calhoun), and I believe Howard Wilson will be better sooner than later. Unless the guy had the ability to be a back up free safety then he was going to get cut anyway.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I realize I’m in the minority, but I didn’t think Taylor was that bad last season....

I thought He played better under Horton than Greg
His tackling was poor last year as well.

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I thought He played better under Horton than Greg
His tackling was poor last year as well.

Part of that for me was scheme, and it was an issue for more than him, Peppers did as well.

When you have these guys playing so far off the WR and in so much space, it becomes hard to get those elite athletes on the ground.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Part of that for me was scheme, and it was an issue for more than him, Peppers did as well.

When you have these guys playing so far off the WR and in so much space, it becomes hard to get those elite athletes on the ground.

I agree, Horton let Jamar play press, which he did better than zone IMO. also it is probably easier to tackle in man as you are usually trailing .

His play seems to fluctuate between pretty bad and okay. Still, he was obviously the odd man out with all of the corners we added this offseason. Saves us money and a sixth-round pick is better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Keylargobrownie said:

BBC is an average to above average slot/#3 cb, I wouldn't trade him if I were dorsey

6. Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Cleveland Browns

Coverage: 14/20
Reaction: 22/30
Recovery: 17/25
Tackling: 11/15
Position Value: 8/10
Overall Grade: 72/100

A surprising 2016 undrafted free agent who made a noticeable impact as a rookie, Briean Boddy-Calhoun was a rising name entering 2017. But poor coaching decisions put a damper on his second year, as he played much more zone than man, and was often far off the line of scrimmage, more like a safety. That led to little ball production since Boddy-Calhoun is more of a man threat than zone fit. In the right system for his talents, Boddy-Calhoun has more potential than he's shown.

—NFL1000 DB Scout, Ian Wharton

Cleveland's defense has far more talent than you might imagine given the 0-16 record and questionable defensive coaching decisions at times—yes, we're looking at you, Gregg Williams. But when Boddy-Calhoun is engaged in tighter coverages, he has the ability to close quickly and negate yards after the catch. He was out of place at times in his deep zone drops, but he's shown enough skill in tighter coverages to earn more opportunities to succeed in systems that actually play to his talents. 

—NFL1000 Lead Scout Doug Farrar

48 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

6. Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Cleveland Browns

Coverage: 14/20
Reaction: 22/30
Recovery: 17/25
Tackling: 11/15
Position Value: 8/10
Overall Grade: 72/100

A surprising 2016 undrafted free agent who made a noticeable impact as a rookie, Briean Boddy-Calhoun was a rising name entering 2017. But poor coaching decisions put a damper on his second year, as he played much more zone than man, and was often far off the line of scrimmage, more like a safety. That led to little ball production since Boddy-Calhoun is more of a man threat than zone fit. In the right system for his talents, Boddy-Calhoun has more potential than he's shown.

—NFL1000 DB Scout, Ian Wharton

Cleveland's defense has far more talent than you might imagine given the 0-16 record and questionable defensive coaching decisions at times—yes, we're looking at you, Gregg Williams. But when Boddy-Calhoun is engaged in tighter coverages, he has the ability to close quickly and negate yards after the catch. He was out of place at times in his deep zone drops, but he's shown enough skill in tighter coverages to earn more opportunities to succeed in systems that actually play to his talents. 

—NFL1000 Lead Scout Doug Farrar

I don't want to trade him, if that's what you think.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

BBC is the best #4 CB in the NFL. He's very young and is making next to nothing. This would be terrible.

Agreed, if we let the cheap diamonds in the rough UDFA's walk we will never get better. Even if he was drafted we shouldn't let other teams benefit from our development. Although he might of been good in spite of Hue instead of because lol. Just my opinion 

Archived