2018 OTA's

AKRNA

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Broncos brought in Howard Mudd as a consultant at least for the duration of OTAs. 

Wow. That's quite an OL staff.

A little to early to read much into it but I've never heard of a team, already two deep on the OL staff adding a third with the resume Mudd brings. Lots of time for individual work.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Reat excited for the season this may be the best offseason in Bronco history tbh. And what are dark horses people see making the team I can see Phillip Lindsay.

Can't tell if you're serious but in 2014 they signed/drafted Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Emmanuel Sanders, Bradley Roby and Matt Paradis. 

3 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Can't tell if you're serious but in 2014 they signed/drafted Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Emmanuel Sanders, Bradley Roby and Matt Paradis. 

2014s free agency pool was probably better but overall I  think 2018 takes the offseason. Paradis was a 6th rounder so lets not act like a lot was expected 

12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Reat excited for the season this may be the best offseason in Bronco history tbh. And what are dark horses people see making the team I can see Phillip Lindsay.

Let's not go overboard.

I think the 2014 offseason where we signed four Pro Bowlers and two future Hall of Famers - Aquib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward and Emmanuel Sanders - has this year, with an undersized, weak-armed QB, some other middle-of-the-road free agents and an on the surface good by too early to really make an evaluation draft class, easily beat. 

The Denver media is all over Phillip Lindsay because he went to CU. I think he does have a chance to make the team, not because he's the Hall of Famer in waiting the CU homers claim he is, but because our RB stable is so young and inexperienced. I think Jeff Holland and Keishawn Bierria are two "dark horses" who I think not only have a good (very good?) chance to make the final 53 but also make an impact right away this season. 

15 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Let's not go overboard.

I think the 2014 offseason where we signed four Pro Bowlers and two future Hall of Famers - Aquib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward and Emmanuel Sanders - has this year, with an undersized, weak-armed QB, some other middle-of-the-road free agents and an on the surface good by too early to really make an evaluation draft class, easily beat. 

The Denver media is all over Phillip Lindsay because he went to CU. I think he does have a chance to make the team, not because he's the Hall of Famer in waiting the CU homers claim he is, but because our RB stable is so young and inexperienced. I think Jeff Holland and Keishawn Bierria are two "dark horses" who I think not only have a good (very good?) chance to make the final 53 but also make an impact right away this season. 

You have a short memory than. In 2014 we didn't just gain those guys. The way I remember is most on here thought DRC was better than Talib. Dumerville is no slouch even if Ware is a HOF. Decker also was a solid number 2. Sanders was better and cheaper but it wasn't a landslide.

I think Keenum when  comparing to the 2014 offseason he's head and shoulders above Trever. I also love the Cravens pickup bc theres no other guy with that ability on the defense. 

The face lift we potentiality have on offense is amazing Elway really had a plan. We could have 3 or 4 impact starters year 1 from this draft alone .

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You have a short memory than. In 2014 we didn't just gain those guys. The way I remember is most on here thought DRC was better than Talib. Dumerville is no slouch even if Ware is a HOF. Decker also was a solid number 2. Sanders was better and cheaper but it wasn't a landslide.

I think Keenum when  comparing to the 2014 offseason he's head and shoulders above Trever. I also love the Cravens pickup bc theres no other guy with that ability on the defense. 

The face lift we potentiality have on offense is amazing Elway really had a plan. We could have 3 or 4 impact starters year 1 from this draft alone .

The only guy who wasn't viewed as an upgrade was Sanders. His breakout was a genuine surprise, but none of us were in favor of paying Decker big money so he was always seen as good value. DRC was a good cover guy but soft and Talib was coming off of an amazing season , Dumervil was a one dimensional guy, not on Ware's level and wasn't on the 2013 team anyway, and Ward was a huge upgrade from Duke Ihenacho. 

Now, most other fanbases were skeptical of the moves and tried to convince themselves that the "all-in" attitude would backfire (seriously: check the threads in the NFL News forum - they're hilarious), but for Broncos fans it was an amazing week. The 2014 team is probably the most talented in this franchise's history, it was really a season spoiled by underwhelming coaching and Peyton's quick decline. 

And I do like what Elway did after the first week or so of free agency. But we're talking about role players, draft picks, and the hope that we might get average play out of the QB position. We did not add any sure blue chip guys, but lost one. We lost no blue chip players in 2014 and gained 3-4. 

18 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Maybe a bit OT, but did Ware ever get hired for that Consultant job ?

Why cant they just make Ware the HC, if they want a leader of men as the HC....if there is anyone who is that, it is Ware....and he can't do much worse than VJ. 

On 5/25/2018 at 11:27 AM, thebestever6 said:

Lol come on dude. The only issue people had with Talib at the time was the size/length of the contract, which, in hindsight, was a steal. Comparing Dumervil and Ware is laughable. Dumervil is a good player, Ware is a HOFer. Those were two clear upgrades. Sanders was a steal and broke out accordingly. Ward was a tone setter for an all-time good defense.

That came to fruition and it was good on paper. What we have right now is a QB coming off his best year, with no significantly strong seasons prior to last. This draft was very encouraging, I think that's fair to say. The rest of the FAs? We'll see. Cravens was a good pickup, and has a big role in this D, but we'll see how he does after not playing for awhile.

It's easy to get hyped up in the offseason, but the Broncos are not a great football team by any stretch. They are a fringe wildcard team right now, with potential division winning upside. They also have a major question mark at HC. We'll see what happens.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Lol come on dude. The only issue people had with Talib at the time was the size/length of the contract, which, in hindsight, was a steal. Comparing Dumervil and Ware is laughable. Dumervil is a good player, Ware is a HOFer. Those were two clear upgrades. Sanders was a steal and broke out accordingly. Ward was a tone setter for an all-time good defense.

That came to fruition and it was good on paper. What we have right now is a QB coming off his best year, with no significantly strong seasons prior to last. This draft was very encouraging, I think that's fair to say. The rest of the FAs? We'll see. Cravens was a good pickup, and has a big role in this D, but we'll see how he does after not playing for awhile.

It's easy to get hyped up in the offseason, but the Broncos are not a great football team by any stretch. They are a fringe wildcard team right now, with potential division winning upside. They also have a major question mark at HC. We'll see what happens.

I love the 2014 class cant argue with results and rings but as far as completely changing the dynamic of a team of 2018 takes it.

Chubb

Cravens 

Sutton

Freeman

Hamilton

Jewell

Yiadom 

Fugamali.

Archived