Walking Dead Season 10 (TV Talk Only) - Spoiler Mines

Manny/Patrick

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

lol i know right

would have been a stronger image if the kid would have murked him right at the end.

then slow zoom up to the kids face and credits

they have to realize that if they end the episode strong each time, people will keep tuning in

Its the suspense of who it is.   Someone from Sanctuary?  Some other group?  Darryl?

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Its the suspense of who it is.   Someone from Sanctuary?  Some other group?  Darryl?

And again, who cares? This is the formula that lost them tons of viewers. They need to stop with the cliff hangers except for maybe the mid-season finale, even then it's pretty iffy. It's cheap and insulting to viewers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

And again, who cares? This is the formula that lost them tons of viewers. They need to stop with the cliff hangers except for maybe the mid-season finale, even then it's pretty iffy. It's cheap and insulting to viewers.

exactly

it comes off as cheap

it would be better for us to see who it was, so that the suspense would be:

how are things going to change moving forward?

why did that person do that?

in the reality of the show, that thing happened, and they arent showing that thing.

it takes you out of the show because they are tricking the audience.

it lessens the impact when they show it next week, and it feels like nothing really happened in this ep

contrast this with season 5.

imagine in the scene where Beth (maggies sister) is rescued. what if at the end of the episode, we just hear a gun go off, and we dont know who was killed.

ooh, was it rick, dawn, beth, or noah that got killed?!

tune in next time?

that would suck.

the show immediately took a downward vault after the "who did neagan kill" episode. i was 100 percent on board with twd before that

i still watch it and enjoy it in my own way. it has its moments still but its a shell of itself

• Like 1

i will give a couple complimenta to the latest episode

1) aaron losing his arm was pretty cool

2) im glad that the show gave Enid something to do. Last episode, she was kinda just there

3) some good tension between daryl and the saviors. we need daryl to continue to be angry, like nic cage in mandy.

4) im intrigued about the helicopter

5) maggie still is solid. has the most sense in the show. She isnt mean for no reason(saviors) and isnt Kumbaya like the rest of the "good guys" 

some negatives:

1) dont need a romance between the trash lady and the priest. unless she is planning another double cross

2) the elderly romance between Ez and Carol is boring and isnt working

3) the episode didnt do much to drive the plot forward

4) the cliffhanger obviously

so, all in all, it could have been a solid episode if they gave it an ending. which is show that saviors death and who did it

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

1) dont need a romance between the trash lady and the priest. unless she is planning another double cross

Both of these, 100%

Carol needs to die of old age already, what an uninteresting grumpy character. We get it, you're emotionally damaged and somehow a wasteland badass. Her best episode was the orchard episode with the two little girls like 4 seasons ago and since then it's been *wet fart noise*

Edited by cddolphin

13 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Both of these, 100%

Carol needs to die of old age already, what an uninteresting grumpy character. We get it, you're emotionally damaged and somehow a wasteland badass. Her best episode was the orchard episode with the two little girls like 4 seasons ago and since then it's been *wet fart noise*

Carol, Daryl and Rick are the only ones left from Season 1....at least that is all I came up with.  Michonne and Maggie from season 2.

Assuming that Rick is offed at some point this season, that is not much left from the original group.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:55 PM, squire12 said:

I think it's a Sanctuary person who has become a Whisperer. I hope it isn't Dwight...

On 10/15/2018 at 11:10 PM, kingseanjohn said:

You do realize we're discussing a television series, right? 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:10 AM, Malfatron said:

some negatives:

3) the episode didnt do much to drive the plot forward

4) the cliffhanger obviously

Huh?

1) Anne/Jadis and Gabriel was probably the coolest surprise of the episode. It's awesome seeing them become, like, real human beings. Because up until recently, they were both a total mess.

2) It just started. Why isn't it working? That doesn't make much sense. I like that it all makes Ezekial act like a real dude. As to the "boring" comment...if you don't care much for either character, I suppose it's kind of boring for you by definition...

3) What is the plot now, though? Isn't it being established? That takes time. At least there will be one. A lot of TV doesn't even have that

4) What's bad about cliffhangers? 

Edited by Heinz D.

On 18-10-2018 at 3:14 AM, Heinz D. said:

I think it's a Sanctuary person who has become a Whisperer. I hope it isn't Dwight...

You do realize we're discussing a television series, right? 

Huh?

1) Anne/Jadis and Gabriel was probably the coolest surprise of the episode. It's awesome seeing them become, like, real human beings. Because up until recently, they were both a total mess.

2) It just started. Why isn't it working? That doesn't make much sense. I like that it all makes Ezekial act like a real dude. As to the "boring" comment...if you don't care much for either character, I suppose it's kind of boring for you by definition...

Because it's what TWD keeps doing. They did it to Michonne, Abraham and Sasha, Carol and now also Jadis. Whenever they feel they have to make one of their badass/outcast characters more "human", they put them in a relationship. They nearly did it for a while with Daryl and Beth. There are more ways to make these characters human than putting them in awkward relationships. The Carol/Ezekiel relationship is cringe worthy. It makes me hope something happens to Ezekiel so we don't have to endure this anymore. And now they're doing it again with Gabriel and Jadis. 

This show thrives on emotions so you can bet one of these characters is going to die. TWD loves broken relationships caused by gruesome death lol.

8 hours ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Because it's what TWD keeps doing. They did it to Michonne, Abraham and Sasha, Carol and now also Jadis. Whenever they feel they have to make one of their badass/outcast characters more "human", they put them in a relationship. They nearly did it for a while with Daryl and Beth. There are more ways to make these characters human than putting them in awkward relationships. The Carol/Ezekiel relationship is cringe worthy. It makes me hope something happens to Ezekiel so we don't have to endure this anymore. And now they're doing it again with Gabriel and Jadis. 

This show thrives on emotions so you can bet one of these characters is going to die. TWD loves broken relationships caused by gruesome death lol.

Maybe. That certainly could be. 

But overall...ehh, we just disagree about that stuff, and its tone. (As do @Malfatron and I, apparently.) The romance stuff is rarely a big deal, IMO. (Maggie and Glen being the main exception.) I do have to say Michonne doesn't really fit the pattern you described, though...

Edited by Heinz D.

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe. That certainly could be. 

But overall...ehh, we just disagree about that stuff, and its tone. (As do @Malfatron and I, apparently.) The romance stuff is rarely a big deal, IMO. (Maggie and Glen being the main exception.) I do have to say Michonne doesn't really fit the pattern you described, though...

well, michonne has lost her badass edge ever since she got with rick.

she used to be a warrior. now shes a bleeding heart

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

well, michonne has lost her badass edge ever since she got with rick.

she used to be a warrior. now shes a bleeding heart

I was sort of thinking that they'd humanized her/took that brutal edge off before she finally hooked up with Rick. Her relationship with Karl, how she responded to Alexandria, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I was sort of thinking that they'd humanized her/took that brutal edge off before she finally hooked up with Rick. Her relationship with Karl, how she responded to Alexandria, etc. 

ok but her character is boring now.

this isnt supposed to be "this is us"

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

ok but her character is boring now.

this isnt supposed to be "this is us"

Lol. I wish I had a better grip on photoshop--there's a hilarious graphic to be had from that joke.

I do get your point, though I don't think the show has strayed quite as far as you have. You did have a bunch positive things to say earlier, what's your overall impression of the "New Beginning" they've rolled out for us? It may end up that the arc turns out to be underwhelming, but right now I'm finding the show to be the most interesting it has been since the start of season six...