Fallout 76

Danger

Trying to see how long I've been playing FO4. I've googled and it says to manually save and load and you can see it there. I did this and it says like almost 4 days. That's waaaaay too much. I haven't had the game that long and maybe play 4 hours a week if that. Anyone know how to accurately tell this??

Just another plug for that NoClip video on Fallout 76. It's 40 minutes long, but if you're excited or on the fence for the game, you should definitely watch it. I don't know if it would change anyone's mind, but @Danger I really do think it's worth watching

7 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Trying to see how long I've been playing FO4. I've googled and it says to manually save and load and you can see it there. I did this and it says like almost 4 days. That's waaaaay too much. I haven't had the game that long and maybe play 4 hours a week if that. Anyone know how to accurately tell this??

~100hrs is a fairly typical amount of time to dump into a Bethesda game. Maybe you play more than you think? Especially if you play with a slow playstyle in survival mode.

5 hours ago, cddolphin said:

~100hrs is a fairly typical amount of time to dump into a Bethesda game. Maybe you play more than you think? Especially if you play with a slow playstyle in survival mode.

I put 119 into The Witcher 3 and played that for like 6-7 months. I got this game in March or something. I am definitely doing a slow play and finally started making my way south but I still feel it's very off. Just seeing if there was another method but doesn't seem like it. Useless info is some of my favorite stuff lol

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

I put 119 into The Witcher 3 and played that for like 6-7 months. I got this game in March or something. I am definitely doing a slow play and finally started making my way south but I still feel it's very off. Just seeing if there was another method but doesn't seem like it. Useless info is some of my favorite stuff lol

I've probably put in over a thousand hours on Skyrim. Probably close to 300 on Fallout 4 and New Vegas.

Well in light of recent info thats come out, Ill probably end up getting it, but wont invest much until the private servers go live. It looks like Bethesda has put alot of effort into negating griefing and trolling, but come on, its the internet. How ever awesome some of ideas seem, the experience will be broken by the community. The whole system is only gonna work ideally with private servers of friends or committed community members. Public servers are going to be utter trash. 

I worry about performance as well. The dev videos had stutter, and frame rate issues. The only company worse than Bethesda at optimization is Bluehole. 

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

I worry about performance as well. The dev videos had stutter, and frame rate issues. The only company worse than Bethesda at optimization is Bluehole. 

That is my biggest worry as well. FO4 barely runs on PS4 in a solo game. Now this game is 4 times as big and will have 24+ player on a server?  I don't know how that is going to work. 

The other thing Bethesda has never been good at is balancing different mechanics. In a singleplayer RPG it really isn't that big of an issue, but it is one of the most important things in a multiplayer game. If melee and stealth are similar to in FO4, this game will be entirely broken. 

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

It was published 5 days ago so I assumed everyone had seen it. I had to deal w/ a lot of stuff this weekend and am just getting around to watching it

Ah ok, I thought there was something new that I missed. That is a good video though

17 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Ah ok, I thought there was something new that I missed. That is a good video though

Yeah, I assumed most had seen it lol. My biggest question now is will I have to have Playstation Plus even if I don't want to play w/ anyone? I absolutely will not own this game if I need to. Just an added expense for something I would never use. W/ the massive map and while it may not be ready right away, I don't see how they would have a difficult time making this a single player experience you can put 60+ hours into. I feel even if the halfassed it, they should be able to.