Eagles OTA/Training Camp News

Hockey5djh

35 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Hand up, I had no idea Taylor Hart was ever moved to OT.

It was a Chip Kelly thing, you probably missed it with all his other whacky ideas. This one will probably be just as successful.

5 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I can't see it being about younger guys reps when Seumalo is only 24, but seriously what does Schwartz know about the OL?  

Was the first thing I noticed when reading the quote! Why is Schwartz commenting on the OL in the first place? Was it in response to a question from the media about the DL abusing the 2nd team or something? He has as much influence on who is kept or not kept at OL as Stout does for his DLine/Defense, None! Not sure why he's making statements TBH.

6 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

It was a Chip Kelly thing, you probably missed it with all his other whacky ideas. This one will probably be just as successful.

Or dismissed by the masses like a college WR/DT converting into a Tackle. Never know. Just ask Alejandro Villanueva.

On 6/1/2018 at 6:12 PM, Kiltman said:

think we'll see a move there in the coming days now that he can use Kendricks money

Crazy how slow the FA market was for safeties this year. Obvious that Reid is being black balled, but Kenny Vaccarro still sitting there too.

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

Crazy how slow the FA market was for safeties this year. Obvious that Reid is being black balled, but Kenny Vaccarro still sitting there too.

I think Vaccaro played a lot of Corner this past season? He looked really REALLY bad when doing so IIRC.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I think Vaccaro played a lot of Corner this past season? He looked really REALLY bad when doing so IIRC.

I'm not sure to be honest, I didn't watch a ton of NO games. If I remember right he was always solid handling TE's and RB's out of the backfield. Him playing corner doesn't sound like a great idea.

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

I'm not sure to be honest, I didn't watch a ton of NO games. If I remember right he was always solid handling TE's and RB's out of the backfield. Him playing corner doesn't sound like a great idea.

Didn't Vaccarro have a good rookie year but then kind of suck ever since? might not be his fault safeties are only as good as their fit in the defense they play in. Might be the most scheme dependent position in all of football. 

Safety is a difficult position to figure out for FAs...once you figure out what their role/responsibility in their last defense you have to determine how well they're doing it and then can they project into what we do. 

Currently sitting with  no experience behind our current starters everything is going to be about projection for those young guys. I can see 1 or 2 on the PS, at least until the pads come on.  If they can't tackle/grasp the concepts quick enough then Howie will start to explore the open market. 

Archived