The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

Just now, Woz said:

They wouldn't. However, what if the Joker had the ability to corrupt one result of some civilian power? He wouldn't know which one (part of the chaos) but things town would assume were stable ... weren't (anarchy).

true, maybe the joker could frame the batman.

so batman showed up in the ratio as a nontown

Just now, Woz said:

They wouldn't. However, what if the Joker had the ability to corrupt one result of some civilian power? He wouldn't know which one (part of the chaos) but things town would assume were stable ... weren't (anarchy).

I think the Anarchy thing was probably homage to lynching the Batman... But I imagine that since the game revolves (at least the storyline) around the Batman being brought to the Joker, that it is probably more filler than anything. Kind of like how anytime someone died from Batman not being “brought” to the Joker, it was a fictitious (not in the game) character.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I think the Anarchy thing was probably homage to lynching the Batman... But I imagine that since the game revolves (at least the storyline) around the Batman being brought to the Joker, that it is probably more filler than anything. Kind of like how anytime someone died from Batman not being “brought” to the Joker, it was a fictitious (not in the game) character.

See, we've assumed that. You know what they say about assumptions? They make an *** out of u and mptions.

Given how many moving parts this game has, why would FJ go through the work of creating these midday stories just for filler purposes? Why resolve the Ebola story line directly in reference to the Joker's death in the governor's death message? Why have all of the daytime messages stopped with the Joker's death?

Think of this from an in-game perspective: why is the mob still roving the streets? The Joker was killed in a hail of bullets! The citizens of Gotham can rejoice because the madman is dead. Yes, he managed one last spectacular explosion in the hospital that killed the Mayor, but since then? Why (from an in game perspective) are we still lynching? If the motivating element for the mob is fear of the Joker and his rampage, what it is keeping it going for now four more days now that he's dead without any clear energy a la the daytime messages?

Writing that much text, getting it to flow together, figuring out the scenes ... that takes time. A lot of it (I am married to a writer). In a mystery game (which mafia and all its variants realistically is), while you can put one red herring in the way, you wouldn't do two (Ebola & the daytime explosion). Well, you shouldn't (*insert Frye squint gif, looking at FJ*).

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

IMHO the worst case scenario of lynching Alfred to me is that he comes up civ and we lynch Mookie the next day.

I just don’t see it any other way at this point.

I truly truly believe he is mafia.

If there's only one mafia member, that works even if the census has been corrupted. If there's two, then that leads to a town loss.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

See, we've assumed that. You know what they say about assumptions? They make an *** out of u and mptions.

Given how many moving parts this game has, why would FJ go through the work of creating these midday stories just for filler purposes? Why resolve the Ebola story line directly in reference to the Joker's death in the governor's death message? Why have all of the daytime messages stopped with the Joker's death?

Think of this from an in-game perspective: why is the mob still roving the streets? The Joker was killed in a hail of bullets! The citizens of Gotham can rejoice because the madman is dead. Yes, he managed one last spectacular explosion in the hospital that killed the Mayor, but since then? Why (from an in game perspective) are we still lynching? If the motivating element for the mob is fear of the Joker and his rampage, what it is keeping it going for now four more days now that he's dead without any clear energy a la the daytime messages?

Writing that much text, getting it to flow together, figuring out the scenes ... that takes time. A lot of it (I am married to a writer). In a mystery game (which mafia and all its variants realistically is), while you can put one red herring in the way, you wouldn't do two (Ebola & the daytime explosion). Well, you shouldn't (*insert Frye squint gif, looking at FJ*).

The Ebola thing was directly related to Scarecrow. Maybe Ragnarok ruined a portion of FJ’s story by hitting LTBF night one? He had to play the rest of the story out without the scarecrow...

I don’t think Ebola and the Joker were related.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

If there's only one mafia member, that works even if the census has been corrupted. If there's two, then that leads to a town loss.

Unless Alfred is who I think he is, mafia.

We have one ML left if my numbers are correct.

I know you don’t want to be the hammer, but I really believe Alfred played us all.

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Unless Alfred is who I think he is, mafia.

We have one ML left if my numbers are correct.

I know you don’t want to be the hammer, but I really believe Alfred played us all.

Are you voting with emotion or logic? 

Logically speaking, most of malfs actions point to pro town. He started the James lynch. He pushed for a teude lynch he pushed on darth being scum. Nothing of malfs actions scream mafia to me.

Logically speaking, mookie used a move on me where nothing happened. Mookie was investigated and came back town. However, most of mookies actions have been about clearing himself and trying to lead this perception that he is civ. He has practically been screaming that he is cleared close to the beginning. 

Emotionally speaking, I could understand the paranoia and the concern of him being mafia. However, logically speaking it doesn’t fit.

33 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Are you voting with emotion or logic? 

Logically speaking, most of malfs actions point to pro town. He started the James lynch. He pushed for a teude lynch he pushed on darth being scum. Nothing of malfs actions scream mafia to me.

Logically speaking, mookie used a move on me where nothing happened. Mookie was investigated and came back town. However, most of mookies actions have been about clearing himself and trying to lead this perception that he is civ. He has practically been screaming that he is cleared close to the beginning. 

Emotionally speaking, I could understand the paranoia and the concern of him being mafia. However, logically speaking it doesn’t fit.

I believe it to be logic. I can't go back and bring up every point because I am at work right now.

I just think all along we were led to believe it would take a masterful performance for Alfred to be mafia. I believed it very strongly. But when I looked back at some of the interactions with (now) known civs, its all deception and smokescreen. The converter talk, the hit of Gopher, the missing of a hit to claim a BP vest, the OleXmad hit last night to implicate Mookie.

Alfred is the only one out of the game (other than myself) that has had no interactions with any other player that can be confirmed. His N3 claim cannot be confirmed by anyone. Mookie was confirmed by you and Woz. BCB was confirmed by Mookie. I know Woz is the dectective. Ragnarok definitely is Batman...

I don't know, it just seems so obvious to me now.

31 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The Ebola thing was directly related to Scarecrow. Maybe Ragnarok ruined a portion of FJ’s story by hitting LTBF night one? He had to play the rest of the story out without the scarecrow...

And yet FJ continued the story even after Scarecorw died, making multiple references to it.

33 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don’t think Ebola and the Joker were related.

But they were! Go back and read the original post. The Joker went to Scarecrow and demanded he turn over the virus.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:12 PM, Famous Jameis said:

"Hello there, uh, you have something we, uh, want," the man that appeared to be the leader proclaimed.  "You see, uh, the virus and the vaccine are needed to help us, uh, kill the Bat...Man.  We can infect him and anyone else we want to and they would never know.  They would go about their, uh, lives for one month, not knowing they would be infecting any and all that they came into contact with. It's, uh, the perfect virus.  No one would know what was happening, then voila it would be all over.  The, uh, Bat....Man would be no more!"

@Ragnarok - when you hit LTBF the first night, did you get any PM feedback about the hit?

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Ok, I'm back for a bit.  

Has any new information come to light?

My current working hypothesis - you are (unwittingly) an Other and the 2nd person the Whicker census tracked.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

@Ragnarok - when you hit LTBF the first night, did you get any PM feedback about the hit?

Nope.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

My current working hypothesis - you are (unwittingly) an Other and the 2nd person the Whicker census tracked.

Jesus Christ no.  Just no.  I am civ.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Jesus Christ no.  Just no.  I am civ.

Just hear me out.

Let me make it perfectly clear: I do believe you have been town friendly and will not vote for you under any circumstance.

Archived