The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

We have been myopically focused on the Whicker census for three days now, all to town's detriment. This was my attempt to take a step back and see if we missed things. I feel like we have.

And oh, there's this really nasty possibility: now that the Scarecrow and Joker are both dead and Dr. Taylor has a vaccine, Batman is now a full civ again. But he wasn't on N2.

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

Just hear me out.

Let me make it perfectly clear: I do believe you have been town friendly and will not vote for you under any circumstance.

Ok, let me put it this way...I have had zero indication in any way, shape, or form that I am anything other than town, that I have been infected in any way, or that my win condition has changed in the slightest.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Ok, let me put it this way...I have had zero indication in any way, shape, or form that I am anything other than town, that I have been infected in any way, or that my win condition has changed in the slightest.

And that would make sense:

Re-read the quoted part I sent to you (that was from the original entry post), not the part where I was talking to you.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

See, we've assumed that. You know what they say about assumptions? They make an *** out of u and mptions.

Given how many moving parts this game has, why would FJ go through the work of creating these midday stories just for filler purposes? Why resolve the Ebola story line directly in reference to the Joker's death in the governor's death message? Why have all of the daytime messages stopped with the Joker's death?

Think of this from an in-game perspective: why is the mob still roving the streets? The Joker was killed in a hail of bullets! The citizens of Gotham can rejoice because the madman is dead. Yes, he managed one last spectacular explosion in the hospital that killed the Mayor, but since then? Why (from an in game perspective) are we still lynching? If the motivating element for the mob is fear of the Joker and his rampage, what it is keeping it going for now four more days now that he's dead without any clear energy a la the daytime messages?

Writing that much text, getting it to flow together, figuring out the scenes ... that takes time. A lot of it (I am married to a writer). In a mystery game (which mafia and all its variants realistically is), while you can put one red herring in the way, you wouldn't do two (Ebola & the daytime explosion). Well, you shouldn't (*insert Frye squint gif, looking at FJ*).

If I'm wrong (and I will admit I'm way out on a tree branch here), then it is back to the simple Malf/Mookie call.

But why go through all this effort just for flavor?

Just now, Woz said:

If I'm wrong (and I will admit I'm way out on a tree branch here), then it is back to the simple Malf/Mookie call.

If it is just this simple call, I probably would lean Malf. Simply because I want to applaud a masterful play. Mookie, no offense, but if you are skating by due to an investigation block, well done, but it's not as impressive.

But both of these votes, in either direction, have the hairs on my neck up.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

If it is just this simple call, I probably would lean Malf. Simply because I want to applaud a masterful play. Mookie, no offense, but if you are skating by due to an investigation block, well done, but it's not as impressive.

But both of these votes, in either direction, have the hairs on my neck up.

just vote mookie then, and let batman do the honors of sending one of us to our death.

that way, if hes wrong, he can brood over it

10 minutes ago, MathMan said:

just vote mookie then, and let batman do the honors of sending one of us to our death.

that way, if hes wrong, he can brood over it

Why doesn’t he just vote you then? He investigated Mookie...

Archived