The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Okay, it's 1 AM here and I lay out why I was voting KSJ, missing that he was day hit by mission(?) by two minutes such that it prevents Whicker (an apparent Other?) from reaching his win condition?

Do I have this right?

yes

lynching whicker is the safest bet, and the fact that we have the numbers, now is the best time without potentially having another civ special to claim

get rid of these others because they can crap all over the place later

The thing is, if Whicker was able to come up with that post reflexively that quickly after a day hit he knew was coming, that's really really impressive

It reads as more genuine than anything to me, he either thought he had won or (possibly) realized he'd lost, and was just reacting 

Have a hard time believing he came up with that in 30 seconds right?  Far fetched

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Disagree 

He has no incentive to hurt us, gives us no info

Maybe if we have no other leads

But lets not give mafia a free hit on us for no reason

Unless you are saying you don't believe his claim?

Which is an interesting theory... 

he may not be telling the whole story about his wincon.

either way, its the best lynch.

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

yes

lynching whicker is the safest bet, and the fact that we have the numbers, now is the best time without potentially having another civ special to claim

get rid of these others because they can crap all over the place later

I'm not sure what we lose by rags claiming at this point though

Unless mafia is ******* around they know he has a role and will try to hit him... 

So in back to back games, Whicker has a special other role where only he can win?  And after a death, he suddenly needed this one guy to be lynched to win?  And now he is harmless?

I've seen these type of roles before, and usually you can pick during the night who you think will be lynched the next day.  And can need to hit a certain number of these to win.

Or he is scum and getting way ahead of the curve which I could also see.

Just now, mission27 said:

The thing is, if Whicker was able to come up with that post reflexively that quickly after a day hit he knew was coming, that's really really impressive

He could of also thought of it earlier. if his role was to outlive KSJ by x days.

It reads as more genuine than anything to me, he either thought he had won or (possibly) realized he'd lost, and was just reacting 

Have a hard time believing he came up with that in 30 seconds right?  Far fetched

But KSJ was after whicker too right?

in bucs game all the others were after each other.

@MathMan

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Disagree 

He has no incentive to hurt us, gives us no info

Maybe if we have no other leads

But lets not give mafia a free hit on us for no reason

Unless you are saying you don't believe his claim?

Which is an interesting theory... 

if we lynch a civ tonight, we are further behind the 8ball and lose our advantage.

lets aim for a no ML game

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Knowing Whicker as well as anyone on this site...I think you could be underestimating him.  Dude is that smart.  

KSJ is confirmed civ though

I'm fine with a Whicker lynch if we want to be super safe

I'm not sure we should let rags off with his soft claim, in large part because idk what we are holding back from mafia at this point

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

He could of also thought of it earlier. if his role was to outlive KSJ by x days.

But KSJ was after whicker too right?

in bucs game all the others were after each other.

@MathMan

grrrr. my phone is jacked.

@MathMan is right and we should go whicker, is what I'm trying to say.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Knowing Whicker as well as anyone on this site...I think you could be underestimating him.  Dude is that smart.  

He's not as smart as I am tho and I'd have a hard time coming up with that in 30 seconds 

Archived