Supplemental Draft actually relevant??

Fatgerman

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Good in depth article about the trials and tribulations of Adonis Alexander. I think all of us here can agree we were all young, dumb. and stupid once. For his sake, I really hope he has matured.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/adonis-alexander-nfl-supplemental-draft-virginia-tech-cornerback/dr5o28w3ci2z1kchwk6hpjcvv

I may have only been young once, but I was dumb and stupid many times.

58 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I may have only been young once, but I was dumb and stupid many times.

Don't feel like you have exclusive membership in that club..........

Just like you - did that dumb and stupid thing many times.

3 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Good in depth article about the trials and tribulations of Adonis Alexander. I think all of us here can agree we were all young, dumb. and stupid once. For his sake, I really hope he has matured.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/adonis-alexander-nfl-supplemental-draft-virginia-tech-cornerback/dr5o28w3ci2z1kchwk6hpjcvv

He was articulate in the interview, so he isn't lacking intelligence.  

On 6/10/2018 at 3:19 PM, Fatgerman said:

The more I think about it the more I think I'd consider drafting Beal with our third round pick and Adonis Alexander with our fifth.

Beal can line up on the boundary, but I can see Alexander as a backup SS behind Peppers/ TE matchup cover guy. With his height and size, combined with CB-like cover skills, he could potentially do damage against opposing TE's. Match him up against the Gronks of the world.

Our secondary room, this year, would ultimately look like this:

CB- Ward, Carrie, Gaines, Beal, Mitchell, Simeon T.

Hybrids- BBC, Alexander

SS- Peppers, Kindred   FS- Randall

Simeon can also play some safety

That's 11, which is one more than the standard number of DBs on a 53. Kindred will hafta fight to keep a job. He does very little in coverage.

Hmmmmmmm...........

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I bet Beal is the only guy drafted. If we don’t land Beal, I’d throw one of our extra 7ths at Adonis Alexander.

I predict the Chiefs draft Beal with a 2nd.

2nd wowee

the last person to get higher than a 3rd round pick before josh gordon was Tony Hollings in 2003 and then Jamal Williams and Mike Wahle in 1998.

this beal kid that good?

43 minutes ago, mistakey said:

2nd wowee

the last person to get higher than a 3rd round pick before josh gordon was Tony Hollings in 2003 and then Jamal Williams and Mike Wahle in 1998.

this beal kid that good?

From what I’ve read and seen, he would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder in this past draft. I say KC uses a 2nd because they have two of them.

At 1 p.m. ET on the day of the draft, teams are notified that the first round has started. Teams then have 10 minutes to respond if they wish to draft a player in that round. The league compiles the responses, if any, and awards the player to the team with the highest priority. All 32 teams are notified electronically of the selection, and the process repeats for each round.

Archived