When Tyrod Frustrates With Risk-Averse Decisions Don't Worry, Be Happy

Mind Character

Talk about overthinking it.  Taylor has not exactly been on a team surrounded by world beating playmakers in the NFL.  He put up a great passer rating, he won a lot of games with inferior talent around him.

I think he does amazing with our team this year, and breaks the bank somewhere next year.  Its going to be fun to watch.  It will be similar to the Chiefs letting Smith walk this year, only we won't be trading him for an immediate pick, but letting him go for a round 3 comp pick the year after.  (unless Dorsey keeps him around, which would create an interesting dynamic with Baker on the bench.  Kind of a Montana/Young situation).  Either way, Browns fans should be extremely happy and extremely excited right now.

I know Tyrod has been conservative in the past but to me the QB is an extension of the OC. I think with haley, we will see Tyrod push the ball more. I think we might see Tyrod have a career year. I can easily see him have a career high in Yards and TDs, which will also lead to a career high in INTs and potentially a lower completion %. In buffalo they have leaned so heavily on the run game they wouldn’t really attack through the air. I think this Browns team will try to attack through the air and you can’t blame them either. On paper, they might have the most danger set of passing catchers in the league which is scary. They might have he best 1-2 combo in Gordon and Landry. Have the best athlete at TE IMO. They also have the best pass catching RB in Duke. They also have dark horses in Callaway and CC who can make an impact if they stay healthy and clean

"This is Tyrod Taylor's 8th season in the NFL. If he was going to be a legitimate NFL quality starting QB, he would have shown it by now. This team has a losing record at 4-6 heading into the bye and Tyrod has looked very "meh". I mean, his stats are deceiving. He's thrown 15 TD and 4 INT but only thrown for 2,000 yards. I mean, he's on pace for a very mediocre 20 TD, 6 INT season with a very frustrating 3,200 yards. Sure, he's added about 400 yards on the ground and rushed for another 4 TD, but I just don't see a future with him. I want to see our #1 overall draft pick and what he has. He's not getting any better (or younger for that matter) sitting the bench. Plus, if we catch lightning in a bottle and win our next 5 with him at the helm, it will set up a winner take all wildcard playoff spot game the last week of the season at Baltimore."

~Half of this board come November 11, after losing to Atlanta, heading into the bye, all under the guise of being fair/logical

Dude come on man, you can't judge our situation like Buffalo's situation, they didn't have the guys to take a shot with, you know that already. He dinked and dunked because his best receivers were a running back and a tight end. Come on bro, bad take, even if he does that here, we have guys who can make plays with the ball in their hands to extend drives....

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Dude come on man, you can't judge our situation like Buffalo's situation, they didn't have the guys to take a shot with, you know that already. He dinked and dunked because his best receivers were a running back and a tight end. Come on bro, bad take, even if he does that here, we have guys who can make plays with the ball in their hands to extend drives....

He did have Watkins and woods. So he had the weapons to take shots with. To me I think it’s more to do with the OCs. Greg Roman in ‘15, Anthony Lynn and Roman in ‘16, and Rick Dennison in ‘17. Those DCs are not coming up with Dangerous passing attacks. To me that’s why I think Watkins and Woods tore it up in LA. 

I think Tyrod and Taylor should be a very nice marriage and why he should have a career year this year. Biggest acquisition the Browns made this offseason is going to be Haley IMO. His impact will be bigger than any other player they brought in IMO

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

"This is Tyrod Taylor's 8th season in the NFL. If he was going to be a legitimate NFL quality starting QB, he would have shown it by now. This team has a losing record at 4-6 heading into the bye and Tyrod has looked very "meh". I mean, his stats are deceiving. He's thrown 15 TD and 4 INT but only thrown for 2,000 yards. I mean, he's on pace for a very mediocre 20 TD, 6 INT season with a very frustrating 3,200 yards. Sure, he's added about 400 yards on the ground and rushed for another 4 TD, but I just don't see a future with him. I want to see our #1 overall draft pick and what he has. He's not getting any better (or younger for that matter) sitting the bench. Plus, if we catch lightning in a bottle and win our next 5 with him at the helm, it will set up a winner take all wildcard playoff spot game the last week of the season at Baltimore."

~Half of this board come November 11, after losing to Atlanta, heading into the bye, all under the guise of being fair/logica

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

~Half of this board come November 11, after losing to Atlanta, heading into the bye, all under the guise of being fair/logical

I don't have a date, just a number. That number is 7. I don't care if we are 0-7 or 7-7 Once you lose that 7th game your playoffs chances are slim. If tt goes 10-6(unlikely, but hey who knows) I'm fine with Baker sitting all year. But if tt goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs what do we do now????

I'm already pounding the table to sign him to a 2 year extension. With us spending a 3rd round pick on him, and using a #1 pick on our QB of the future....a 2 year extension (with good Signing bonus, team friendly base salary and a ton of cash tied to incentives he'll hit if he's starting), would give us stability at the position for the next 3 seasons. And allow him to become a free agent at age 30 (middle age for a QB)....

There's a solid chance Hue is going to **** this up. Everybody knows this right? Taylor plays an awful lot like an athletic Kessler. He avoids downfield shots, scrambles and dinks and dunks. Hue hated that so much he didn't even give Kessler a legit shot year 2 after a solid rookie year. Variables are, how much directorial control Hue has really given up on the offensive side ( Which by the way, is unheard of. ...because I cant think of another HC with a specialty on one side of the ball, hiring a guy on that same side and completely giving up control.) and whether Haley will also demand downfield shots and grow tired of Taylor.

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

There's a solid chance Hue is going to **** this up. Everybody knows this right? Taylor plays an awful lot like an athletic Kessler. He avoids downfield shots, scrambles and dinks and dunks. Hue hated that so much he didn't even give Kessler a legit shot year 2 after a solid rookie year. Variables are, how much directorial control Hue has really given up on the offensive side ( Which by the way, is unheard of. ...because I cant think of another HC with a specialty on one side of the ball, hiring a guy on that same side and completely giving up control.) and whether Haley will also demand downfield shots and grow tired of Taylor.

Yeah hard to disagree with any of that. Lets hope Hue learned something I guess, but Hue is the main reason my expectations are low for this year.

Archived