Share Your 53 Man Roster Predictions

Cadmus

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

QB(3): Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
RB(2): Williams, Montgomery
FB(1): Ripkowski
TE(3): Graham, Lewis, Kendricks
OL(9): Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga, Murphy, Pankey, Patrick, Spriggs
WR(7): Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, Moore, MVS, ESB

DL(5): Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry
ILB(4): Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas
OLB(6): Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel, Donnerson
CB(6): Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, House, Waters
S(4): HHCD, Brice, Jones, Rollins

Special Teams(3):

K: Crosby
P: Scott
LS: Triner

Suspended: Aaron Jones

PS: Joel Bouganon, DeAngelo Yancey, Robert Tonyan, Dillon Day, Kofi Amichia, James Looney, Greer Martini, Raven Greene, Chris Odom, Jake Kumerow

Like. I would only change Boyle for Tonyan and cut ESB for Kumerow. ESB and Moore did the least for me as WRs and ESB had the lower draft position. If so many teams passed on him during the draft hopefully they pass on him when he is cut and we can take him on our PS.

15 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Like. I would only change Boyle for Tonyan and cut ESB for Kumerow. ESB and Moore did the least for me as WRs and ESB had the lower draft position. If so many teams passed on him during the draft hopefully they pass on him when he is cut and we can take him on our PS.

Not only is Kumerow older, and has the lowest ceiling but he didn't even practice this week meaning he's still at least a week or two away from playing. He's not making the roster. Shouldn't do flippies into the end zone, sorry Jake.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not only is Kumerow older, and has the lowest ceiling but he didn't even practice this week meaning he's still at least a week or two away from playing. He's not making the roster. Shouldn't do flippies into the end zone, sorry Jake.

What are your thoughts on the return of A Jones? Who gets bumped?

While I’m picking your brain, which position group is most vulnerable to shedding a player after a post-cutdown pick up? I would think OL and OLB. The other groups are pretty solid. 

QB(3): Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
RB(3): Williams, Montgomery, Mays
TE(4): Graham, Lewis, Kendricks, Tonyan
OL(8): Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga, Pankey, Patrick, Spriggs
WR(7): Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, Moore, MVS, ESB

DL(5): Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry
ILB(3): Martinez, Burks, Thomas
OLB(6): Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel, Donnerson
CB(6): Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, House, Waters
S(5): HHCD, Brice, Jones, Whitehead, Greene

Special Teams(3):

K: Crosby
P: Scott
LS: Triner

Mays makes it until Jones comes back. (he had better PS last year than any new RBs this year)

Murphy to IR.  Call him back after his ego heals.

No Rip.  MM goes with 4 TEs.   WR Davis makes it for now.  He's my 53rd player though.

Keeping Donnerson over Morrison, CMIII can slide inside IF we needed him to.

Whitehead and Greene over Evans and Rollins.

All this goes out the window when Gute trades for Shane Ray.

4 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

What are your thoughts on the return of A Jones? Who gets bumped?

While I’m picking your brain, which position group is most vulnerable to shedding a player after a post-cutdown pick up? I would think OL and OLB. The other groups are pretty solid. 

Anyone's guess. Anyone who is young and not a huge contributor that pulls a hammy could be IRd for Jones. 

I definitely think Gute will look to play the waiver game. Murphy is an IR candidate for sure if they want to keep him around but open up a spot to claim an OL they like. I wouldn't lose any sleep cutting Fackrell/Biegel for a vet rusher. I kept Donnerson because that speed is legit and shows up, I think he could be a ST demon. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

OL(9): Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga, Murphy, Pankey, Patrick, Spriggs

Special Teams(3):

PS: Joel Bouganon, DeAngelo Yancey, Robert Tonyan, Dillon Day, Kofi Amichia, James Looney, Greer Martini, Raven Greene, Chris Odom, Jake Kumerow

Interesting, no Marwin Evans or Jermaine Whitehead.  Think Evans was 2nd on the team in ST snaps last year, have heard and seen decent things from Whitehead all TC, although he looked lost on that TE he gave up yesterday I believe on the first drive.  I do prefer either to Rollins personally.  Possibly Raven Greene as well.  Pretty close between all 4 for me.

I'd keep a 3rd RB for the first two weeks with Monty and Williams both dinged up currently, probably in place of EQSB, not sure if he's shown anything different than his 6th round draft slot where every GM passed on him many times, think he has an above average chance to make the PS.

I keep getting asked to do this so here we go....

RB(2): Williams, Monty

FB(1): Rip

TE(3): Graham, Lewis, Tonyan

WR(7): Adams, Cobb, Allison, Moore, MVS, EQ, Davis

OL(9): Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga, Spriggs, Patrick, Murphy, Pankey

DL(5): Clark, Daniels, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry

OTB(4): Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas

Edge(6): Mathews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel, Donnerson

CB(5): Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, House

S(3): Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones

DB(2): Rollins, Whitehead

K(1): Crosby

P(1): Scott

LS(1): Triner 

SUS: Jones

Tough calls: I'd keep Kendricks at H-B over Rip at FB if not for the Jones situation. Greene has some real upside. No issue if they cut Rollins or Whitehead for Greene. Mbu and Day are both very good at what they do but their lack of versatility kill them unfortunately. If they cut a talent like Murphy for either of them I'd be OK with it though. By the way, I'd love to know when and how badly Murphy got/is hurt? Might change some things. Kumerow and Davis are a flip of a coin in my eyes but it's hard for me not to lean Davis right now. 

Sorry. I have my reasons but I can't list a PS on here.  

Nice one @palmy50, I'd probably swap Rollins & Whitehead for Waters & Evans and I have a hard time keeping Davis (though we'll probably do it), but other than that it's great.

Don't know much about fringe roster guys to make a PS prediction but from the little I've seen/heard I guess prime candidates are Day, Mbu, Greene, Looney, Yancey, Amichia and Martini.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Special Teams(3):

This is super boring and probably closest to reality. I’d rather keep Jennings on PS over Yancey and have a feeling we might go outside for a PS RB over JB. 

1 minute ago, Packer_ESP said:

Nice one @palmy50, I'd probably swap Rollins & Whitehead for Waters & Evans and I have a hard time keeping Davis (though we'll probably do it), but other than that it's great.

Don't know much about fringe roster guys to make a PS prediction but from the little I've seen/heard I guess prime candidates are Day, Mbu, Greene, Looney, Yancey, Amichia and Martini.

Evans is a damn fine teams player so I could make that case. I'm out on Waters though and have been for a while. I just don't see it. Day, Mbu, and Greene were my tough cuts personally. 

40 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Interesting, no Marwin Evans or Jermaine Whitehead.  Think Evans was 2nd on the team in ST snaps last year, have heard and seen decent things from Whitehead all TC, although he looked lost on that TE he gave up yesterday I believe on the first drive.  I do prefer either to Rollins personally.  Possibly Raven Greene as well.  Pretty close between all 4 for me.

I'd keep a 3rd RB for the first two weeks with Monty and Williams both dinged up currently, probably in place of EQSB, not sure if he's shown anything different than his 6th round draft slot where every GM passed on him many times, think he has an above average chance to make the PS.

Cobb as an emergency RB keeps me from rostering any of the below average backs we have behind our top 3. Don't like any of the UDFAs or Mays that much. Cobb can get you out of a game at RB and you have a week to bring up a PS guy, then Jones is back.

50 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

I keep getting asked to do this so here we go....

RB(2): Williams, Monty

FB(1): Rip

TE(3): Graham, Lewis, Tonyan

WR(7): Adams, Cobb, Allison, Moore, MVS, EQ, Davis

OL(9): Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga, Spriggs, Patrick, Murphy, Pankey

DL(5): Clark, Daniels, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry

OTB(4): Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas

Edge(6): Mathews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel, Donnerson

CB(5): Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, House

S(3): Clinton-Dix, Brice, Jones

DB(2): Rollins, Whitehead

K(1): Crosby

P(1): Scott

LS(1): Triner 

SUS: Jones

Tough calls: I'd keep Kendricks at H-B over Rip at FB if not for the Jones situation. Greene has some real upside. No issue if they cut Rollins or Whitehead for Greene. Mbu and Day are both very good at what they do but their lack of versatility kill them unfortunately. If they cut a talent like Murphy for either of them I'd be OK with it though. By the way, I'd love to know when and how badly Murphy got/is hurt? Might change some things. Kumerow and Davis are a flip of a coin in my eyes but it's hard for me not to lean Davis right now. 

Sorry. I have my reasons but I can't list a PS on here.  

Thanks, Palmy! I like what you did at TE. Nice to have some youth there! I also like your ideas about RB. Didn't see anyone after Williams, Monty, and Jones even worthy of PS consideration. Curious about your take on Davis versus Kumerow. I don't see Davis as anything but a returner (am I wrong?). I've been saying the Packers need another vet WR behind the top 3, if not Kumerow, then someone they bring in from the waiver wire. There will be injuries and am not comfortable putting any of the rookies in as long term injury replacements (am I wrong?). On defense, why Biegel over Goodson? I would hate to be caught short at CB again and Goodson is at least serviceable (am I wrong?). Final question, why Rollins and Whitehead over Waters and Greene? Thanks for your great insights!

10 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

P-Ray, where were you with Mbu and Day?

Day I want to keep, I've been a fan of his all offseason, think he has a shot. Pankey stepping up and being so versatile hurts him but if Murphy is anything serious I'd have no issues with him going to IR and keeping Day.

Mbu I don't think this is a the roster for. A run plug only with the talent of the 5 in front of him makes it real tough. Are you going to cut that 10th DB or LB who is probably on the 2 deep of all your S-teams to keep a 6th DL who is pretty much a guarantee to be an game day inactive unless for injury? I think he'll be claimed elsewhere. I think Sheehy showed enough to be the younger PS version of Mbu if that want that type to develop more.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Thanks, Palmy! I like what you did at TE. Nice to have some youth there! I also like your ideas about RB. Didn't see anyone after Williams, Monty, and Jones even worthy of PS consideration. Curious about your take on Davis versus Kumerow. I don't see Davis as anything but a returner (am I wrong?). I've been saying the Packers need another vet WR behind the top 3, if not Kumerow, then someone they bring in from the waiver wire. There will be injuries and am not comfortable putting any of the rookies in as long term injury replacements (am I wrong?). On defense, why Biegel over Goodson? I would hate to be caught short at CB again and Goodson is at least serviceable (am I wrong?). Final question, why Rollins and Whitehead over Waters and Greene? Thanks for your great insights!

It's a flip of a coin for Kumerow vs Davis IMO. If they went Kumerow I'd be more than OK with it.

Goodson would have been the next CB in line for me. LIS, I'm not a Waters guy and the player I would have had at CB6 just got traded to the Colts. Shame Hawkins can't find the ball because he's one hell of an athlete.

Guess I'm holding out hope that they'll eventually come to their senses and move Biegel inside at some point. 

I like Greene and want to work with him but would be willing to roll the dice that they can stash him. I'm also pretty high on Rollins THE MAN and want to get a long look at him at safety. Whitehead is just a guy but at least he knows what he's doing out there. Not sure that can be said for Evans and Jones at times. Teams play and a level of trust keep him over Greene. If they keep Greene over Whitehead I'd be more than OK with it though.

Archived