Share Your 53 Man Roster Predictions

Cadmus

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Ok...I'll bite.  IF someone claims him, what are we possibly missing out on?  I mean, to me this is no different than the Taysom Hill hype train last season.  Boyle doesn't posses great accuracy, but he's got a lively enough arm that it keeps him interesting.  But long-term, he's probably at best a mid-tier #2 QB.  That's nothing that I'm overly concerned about losing.  Especially if it means a bigger uncertainty at QB this year.  If you release Hundley (or trade him), that make Kizer your #2 QB.  And with all the development that Kizer has shown, I'm not sure he's really ready to play.  Probably needs another year of development.  And if you release (or trade) Kizer, you're essentially saying the Randall trade was nothing more than a dump.

I think it was nothing more than a dump.

I think Kizer has a bigger upside due to he can make all the throws. Doesn't mean he'll ever develop into a guy, much less that guy. Hundley is just terrible. Cutting him loose is no loss whatsoever. If it comes down to Hundley or Kizer, I'll take the guy who can make all the throws. Neither is really the answer at the #2 spot. Hundley never will be and that is the difference. Kizer has a chance, maybe only a small one. 

Updating mine: Post-game Preseason Game 3

Suspension List: RB Aaron Jones

QB    (3) Rodgers, Hundley, Kizer
RB    (2) Williams, Montgomery
FB    (1) Ripkowski
TE    (3) Graham, Lewis, Kendricks
WR   (7) Adams,  Cobb, Allison, Kumerow,  Moore, MVS, EQ
OT    (4) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs   
OG    (3) Taylor, McCray, Pankey
OC    (2) Linsley, Patrick

DT    (3) Daniels, Clark, Adams
DE    (3) Wilkerson, Lowry, Looney   
OLB  (6) Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Donnerson, Biegel
ILB    (3) Martinez, Burks, Thomas
CB    (6) Williams, King, Alexander, House, Jackson, Rollins
SS    (2) Brice, Jones    
FS    (2) Clinton-Dix, Whitehead    

STs (3) K Crosby, P Scott, LS Triner

I'm not sure about

• 3rd RB
  • 7th WR
  • Last OL spot Pankey? Bell?
  • Looney make it? ... I think so because Pettine usually kept 7 DL and plays 3 DL more often.
  • Back-end LB namely which 2 of these guys make it: Biegel, Thomas, Martini or Morrison
  • 6th CB is wide open
  • Cut S Evans?
  • Do they want to keep the draft pick LS? Or will they keep Triner who has made less mistakes (but it's not a huge margin, but still a margin).

40 minutes ago, Beast said:

Updating mine: Post-game Preseason Game 3

Suspension List: RB Aaron Jones

QB    (3) Rodgers, Hundley, Kizer
RB    (2) Williams, Montgomery
FB    (1) Ripkowski
TE    (3) Graham, Lewis, Kendricks
WR   (7) Adams,  Cobb, Allison, Kumerow,  Moore, MVS, EQ
OT    (4) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs   
OG    (3) Taylor, McCray, Pankey
OC    (2) Linsley, Patrick

DT    (3) Daniels, Clark, Adams
DE    (3) Wilkerson, Lowry, Looney   
OLB  (6) Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Donnerson, Biegel
ILB    (3) Martinez, Burks, Thomas
CB    (6) Williams, King, Alexander, House, Jackson, Rollins
SS    (2) Brice, Jones    
FS    (2) Clinton-Dix, Whitehead    

STs (3) K Crosby, P Scott, LS Triner

I'm not sure about

• 3rd RB
  • 7th WR
  • Last OL spot Pankey? Bell?
  • Looney make it? ... I think so because Pettine usually kept 7 DL and plays 3 DL more often.
  • Back-end LB namely which 2 of these guys make it: Biegel, Thomas, Martini or Morrison
  • 6th CB is wide open
  • Cut S Evans?
  • Do they want to keep the draft pick LS? Or will they keep Triner who has made less mistakes (but it's not a huge margin, but still a margin).

Nothing to really argue with there. I'm wondering if Kyle Murphy might begin the season on PUP, in which case they might go with Pankey or Bell instead. Also, they may still find a way to squeeze Trevor Davis onto the roster, but it would probably have to come at the expense of Kumerow or St. Brown. That could be a tough decision. Did Kumerow cost himself a roster spot with his silly dive into the end zone? 

Question: If your roster is the correct one, who gets axed when Aaron Jones come back? 

3 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Nothing to really argue with there. I'm wondering if Kyle Murphy might begin the season on PUP, in which case they might go with Pankey or Bell instead. Also, they may still find a way to squeeze Trevor Davis onto the roster, but it would probably have to come at the expense of Kumerow or St. Brown. That could be a tough decision. Did Kumerow cost himself a roster spot with his silly dive into the end zone? 

Question: If your roster is the correct one, who gets axed when Aaron Jones come back? 

Due to a lack of talent? He's playing (OK, he's out there getting beat like a red-headed step child) now. You can't put him on PUP. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Due to a lack of talent? He's playing (OK, he's out there getting beat like a red-headed step child) now. You can't put him on PUP. 

No, due to an injury. He is in a walking boot. The injury may have had something to do with his poor performance. 

1 minute ago, Greg C. said:

If you practice even for a single second in training camp, then you no longer can go on the PUP. So since Bulaga and Perry are back, no Packers player can be on the PUP now. Though maybe you meant IR?

You're right they MIGHT want Davis for STs... but that's a hard sell for me right now... I haven't seen anything from Davis at WR and he's been out injured for a long time, and don't hammy injuries have a habit of coming back shortly after returning? Also there are numerous options for gunner. So basically keeping Davis for kick returner only. Is there really no other backup that can do it well? ... and it'd probably be meaning getting rid of Allison, Kumerow or a rookie with a lot of potential. Not saying it won't happen... but Davis will be extremely lucky that others failed at a spot he's most useful, more than earning the spot so far.

Sadly in two games, there might be some IR injuries. But I think you might have to look at those 7 WRs, Rip, Pankey or the last LB.

My question is will they use a FB this year more? ... I've thought Rip has the physical talent to be used more and they aren't... so I feel like it's almost a waste, if they're not going to use him.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

If you practice even for a single second in training camp, then you no longer can go on the PUP. So since Bulaga and Perry are back, no Packers player can be on the PUP now. Though maybe you meant IR?

You're right they MIGHT want Davis for STs... but that's a hard sell for me right now... I haven't seen anything from Davis at WR and he's been out injured for a long time, and don't hammy injuries have a habit of coming back shortly after returning? Also there are numerous options for gunner. So basically keeping Davis for kick returner only. Is there really no other backup that can do it well? ... and it'd probably be meaning getting rid of Allison, Kumerow or a rookie with a lot of potential. Not saying it won't happen... but Davis will be extremely lucky that others failed at a spot he's most useful, more than earning the spot so far.

Sadly in two games, there might be some IR injuries. But I think you might have to look at those 7 WRs, Rip, Pankey or the last LB.

My question is will they use a FB this year more? ... I've thought Rip has the physical talent to be used more and they aren't... so I feel like it's almost a waste, if they're not going to use him.

Thanks, I did not know that about the PUP list. They would have to IR Murphy then. If he's going to be out for several weeks, they just might do that. He's not worth waiting that long for. 

I've been wondering about Rip too, as his role seems to be diminishing, but I just can't see the Packers going with no fullback. There will be some games during the season, especially bad weather games, where the fullback comes in handy. 

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm kinda catching some of the OAK game since I didn't see it then either. Have we really fumbled a return every single game so far lol. Davis is gonna make it not playing

That was Quentin Rollins' fault.  Even the ones he didn't fumble.  Cut Davis! Cut Rollins!  :D 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

I think it was nothing more than a dump.

I think Kizer has a bigger upside due to he can make all the throws. Doesn't mean he'll ever develop into a guy, much less that guy. Hundley is just terrible. Cutting him loose is no loss whatsoever. If it comes down to Hundley or Kizer, I'll take the guy who can make all the throws. Neither is really the answer at the #2 spot. Hundley never will be and that is the difference. Kizer has a chance, maybe only a small one. 

I disagree.  The Packers have been rumored to be high on Kizer dating back to him coming out of Notre Dame.  I mean, there were rumors that they were seriously considering taking him at 33rd overall before they opted for Kevin King.  If that doesn't show you that the Packers value Kizer highly, I'm not sure what will.  That being said, he's still got a long way to go before he's ready to lead a franchise and I'm more willing to gamble on Kizer than Hundley because of the contract statuses.  TBH, I don't see Hundley as anything more or less than majority of the backup QBs in the league.  There's very few that I feel confident are going to keep a team in the playoff mix.  If you don't think Hundley or Kizer have much of a future, I don't have issues with that.  But don't be surprised when people don't share the same optimism with Boyle.

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's the high draft pick syndrome. People would rather keep a UDFA than a day 2 pick that hasn't become a starter because they resent we spent draft capital on them and they didn't live up to the hype.

Spriggs and Fackrell are for sure making the team. Rollins is a bubble guy but I'd say if they keep 10 DBs he'll be #10.

Given how Spriggs looked A) last year B) starting out in TC and C) first preseason game, I think it was totally fair to leave Spriggs off the roster.  It was clear Murphy moved ahead of him, even Bell started over him.  Since then, Spriggs improved the last two weeks while Murphy and Bell nosedived.  I'd still prefer to keep none of the 3, could care less when any was drafted, but thanks for diagnosing me.  I frankly think Lane Taylor should be backup LT with who is currently on our roster, looked most competent there last year.  Pankey I thought looked like our best tackle last Friday as well and didn't hate him there last year either.

I absolutely would not put Fackrell as a lock, Spriggs I think is there now after Mac's last presser but I already made my 53.  You are putting Fackrell up against maybe Donnerson, asking Gute to choose between his guy and Ted's, might not turn out like it has in years past.   Rollins also clearly moved down the pecking order in terms of when he got snaps last Friday and still really didn't look like he belonged on an NFL field.

How many recallable IR spots do teams have now? What are the rules on recallable IR spots? Do players have to make the final 53 before they can go on recallable IR? Thanks in advance!

If there are a couple of recallable IR spots, I could see Murphy and Kumerow starting the season there.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

How many recallable IR spots do teams have now? What are the rules on recallable IR spots? Do players have to make the final 53 before they can go on recallable IR? Thanks in advance!

If there are a couple of recallable IR spots, I could see Murphy and Kumerow starting the season there.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

2 / To be recalled on the IR, you must first be on the 53 man roster (to ILB Ryan is out for the season)

Kumerow was reportedly supposed to be fully healthy by week 1. Of course it's possible teams might fudge a few things to keep players.

Archived