Share Your 53 Man Roster Predictions

Cadmus

Just now, Beast said:

So did WR/ST Davis should anything that says he HAS TO make the 53 man roster?

So if you had to pick one, who would you pick only one of these two Kumerson, Davis or cut them both?

Kumero

Davis is dangerous.  He's also not all that reliable.  Put the ball on the ground again tonight, he's had too many questionable decisions as a PR, and he's not super durable either.  

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Did Davis get any reps on offense?   Was it exclusively PR/KR for him tonight?

Only one I read about (wasnt watching the game) was an incomplete pass from Boyle.....I think it was a 4th and 2 and he chucked it deep.
I've not clue how close the pass came to being a completion - or if Davis was on the field for other plays at WR.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:29 PM, Cheech said:

QB    (3) Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
RB    (2) Williams, Montgomery  (Cobb and Rip back up these two for the first two weeks.)
FB    (1) Ripkowski
TE    (3) Graham, Lewis, Tonyan - (Lewis and Kendricks could be gone next year.  Graham is oft injured.  Tonyan looks like a willing blocker and a nice pass catcher.)
WR   (7) Adams,  Cobb, Allison, Kumerow,  Moore, MVS, EQ
OT    (3) Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Spriggs - (Pankey is the primary backup at RT, Spriggs at LT.)  
OG    (3) Taylor, McCray, Pankey - (Can't find a reason to keep Bell when Pankey and Patrick can fill in at guard.  Bell would be bad news at tackle.)
OC    (2) Linsley, Patrick - (I hope they can sneak Day to the PS.)

DT    (3) Daniels, Clark, Adams  (No 6th DL is worth keeping.)
DE    (2) Wilkerson, Lowry  
OLB  (5) Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel
- (I don't see Donnerson being claimed.)
ILB    (4) Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas - (I'll take Thomas over Martini - but I'd be fine with either.)
CB    (6) Jackson, Williams, King, Alexander, House, Waters (Hawkins is always close, but never makes a play.)
SS    (2) Brice, Jones    
FS    (3) Clinton-Dix, Evans, Whitehead 
(I do wonder if Greene makes it over Evans or Whitehead.)  

STs (3) K Crosby, P Scott, LS Triner

PS - Day, Yancey, Mays, Light, Martini, Mbu, Looney, Donnerson, Greene

I think we're fine at T now.  Spriggs is simply just better on the left side. 

Pankey played better on the right side than anyone else there this preseason.  He's going to struggle a bit if he faces someone who can transfer speed to power, but he has the feet to get in front of guys and enough strength to wash them out of the play.  He does bend at the waist when he initiates contact, but he seems to do a good job of letting the defender come to him before shooting his hands and anchoring.  Most of the time it won't be a problem because the ball will be coming out before he's beat.  

I wouldn't mind seeing the 5th S or 4th ILB cut for a better pass rusher at OLB.  I only have 52, so there is room for another pass rusher if one is cut.  

Kendricks was just outplayed by Tonyan.  Tonyan moves better, catches the ball with ease, and might even block better by the middle of the season.  

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

So did WR/ST Davis should anything that says he HAS TO make the 53 man roster?

So if you had to pick one, who would you pick only one of these two Kumerson, Davis or cut them both?

It depends how much you want a decent punt returner or let go of one of the rookie WRs for him. I think Kumerow makes it. I think Davis will be gone though, the numbers don't add up in his favor. If Moore was a 7th rounder I prolly might be more inclined to put him on the PS

1 hour ago, Beast said:

@Cheech

I think you got a 52 man roster there. Kinda feel like you should keep Murphy. Of course there is also Kendricks and another DL, since Pettine normally had kept 7 of them and if he uses more 3 man DL sets.

I think that is pretty good too.  Murphy makes it pretty easily when you take Kumerow out.  I would also lose the extra ILB if there is even a hint that we could lose Donnerson.  I would like at least a second preseason to see how that athlete improves.  

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Did Davis get any reps on offense?   Was it exclusively PR/KR for him tonight?

He was on the field for a while.  ESPN's box score has him for 1 target, I don't recall if it was a good pass or not.  He did jump on a possible fumble by Aaron Jones, but it was ruled down by contact.

[edit] He also had a very good punt coverage play as a gunner.  I don't think that he did enough to make the team after missing so much time

QB(3): Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
RB(3): Williams, Montgomery, Bouagnon
FB(1): Ripkowski
TE(3): Graham, Lewis, Kendricks
OL(9): Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga, Murphy, Pankey, Patrick, Spriggs
WR(7): Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, Moore, MVS, ESB

DL(5): Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry
ILB(4): Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas
OLB(5): Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel
CB(6): Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, House, Waters
S(4): HHCD, Brice, Jones, Greene

Special Teams(3):

K: Crosby
P: Scott
LS: Triner

Suspended: Aaron Jones

I fully expect Gute to look at finding upgrades at RB and OLB during the wave of final cuts. They really don't have a good option for those first 2 weeks with Jones suspended but IDK if they hand Mays a roster spot with him missing most of camp due to injury. OLB depth.....goes without saying that they could stand to upgrade significantly there

Personally, I wouldn't have Boyle on the roster but that is what I think GB ends up doing

6 hours ago, Beast said:

@Cheech

I think you got a 52 man roster there. Kinda feel like you should keep Murphy. Of course there is also Kendricks and another DL, since Pettine normally had kept 7 of them and if he uses more 3 man DL sets.

I do.  1 spot open for an OLB via waiver wire or trade.

QB(3): Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
RB(2): Williams, Montgomery
FB(1): Ripkowski
TE(3): Graham, Lewis, Kendricks
OL(9): Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, McCray, Bulaga, Murphy, Pankey, Patrick, Spriggs
WR(7): Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, Moore, MVS, ESB

DL(5): Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry
ILB(4): Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Thomas
OLB(6): Matthews, Perry, Gilbert, Fackrell, Biegel, Donnerson
CB(6): Williams, King, Alexander, Jackson, House, Waters
S(4): HHCD, Brice, Jones, Rollins

Special Teams(3):

K: Crosby
P: Scott
LS: Triner

Suspended: Aaron Jones

PS: Joel Bouganon, DeAngelo Yancey, Robert Tonyan, Dillon Day, Kofi Amichia, James Looney, Greer Martini, Raven Greene, Chris Odom, Jake Kumerow

Archived