Cowboys DL David Irving suspended 4 games

49erurtaza

30 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

Why are some of the absolute dumbest people on the planet blessed with such awesome physical ability?

Wouldn't be fair otherwise. All us internet nerds also being physical freaks? Nobody else would ever get any.

Gotta love the NFL Friday bad-news dump.

Given you need 4 strikes for weed to get to this stage (unless it’s a legal conviction), as dumb as the policy itself is I have zero sympathy for a player who can’t avoid 4 positive or missed tests.   

He was literally 1 season away from a huge payday.  

Stay clean and make the test appointments = 8 figure deal next year.  

Do this = one strike away from career-threatening suspensions (once you get to a 10-game risk teams start shying away).  And likely no long term deals until he’s clean for 2-3 years.   

SMH.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Given you need 4 strikes for weed to get to this stage (unless it’s a legal conviction), as dumb as the policy itself is I have zero sympathy for a player who can’t avoid 4 positive or missed tests.

???

Irving has never been busted for substance abuse.  His suspension last year was for PEDs (the typical "banned supplement" excuse..). 

As for "strikes" for substance abuse, IIRC, it goes: 4 games, 10 games, 1 year, indefinite.

SMH

1 hour ago, ///mcompact said:

???

Irving has never been busted for substance abuse.  His suspension last year was for PEDs (the typical "banned supplement" excuse..). 

As for "strikes" for substance abuse, IIRC, it goes: 4 games, 10 games, 1 year, indefinite.

SMH

You don't get suspended until your 4th "strike" - a positive test, or a missed test.   At 1st positive/missed test, you get entered in program.   At 2nd, you get a 2-game salary fine, at 3rd you get a 4-game fine.  But still no suspension.  It's only until you get the 4th strike that you get 4 games (unlike PED's, which is 4 games on the first positive test).

Given the above, I have zero sympathy for a player who can't avoid 4 weed-related strikes.  There's zero excuse.  I think the policy is silly, but the weed policy is set up to give players 3 strikes before this stage.  There's simply no valid excuse.  

The only time a player gets a weed-related suspension before 4 strikes is if they incur a legal conviction - that's grounds to suspend a player even before the 4th strike.   In Irving's case, we know that's not the case, so that means he whiffed 4x (positive test, or missed tests - which is even worse IMO - just show up, dude).

16 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Wouldn't be fair otherwise. All us internet nerds also being physical freaks? Nobody else would ever get any.

Gotta love the NFL Friday bad-news dump.

And then you have Saquon Barkley...who’s smart, articulate, good looking, a freak athlete, and rich. What a punk!

Archived