Propose a Trade/Trade Rumors Thread

devils1854

50 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Diaz is a nice get.  May is too.  Dont know anything about Robinson.

Let the trades begin!

Diaz will be better than Verdugo. Dodgers done messed up there, but they still keep Ruiz, Lux, Alvarez, and Smith, so thats a win. May and Robinson are meh.

What would it take for the phils to get moustakas & Danny Duffy from kc?

The Milwaukee #Brewers' offer was considered the second-strongest by #Orioles officials before opting for #Dodgers⁠ ⁠ package for Manny Machado.

that tweet about the brewers was from bob nightengale

9 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Diaz will be better than Verdugo. Dodgers done messed up there, but they still keep Ruiz, Lux, Alvarez, and Smith, so thats a win. May and Robinson are meh.

Agree with you on Diaz being better than Verdugo.  Disagree about May being meh.  I think he has legit MOR potential, and I'm shocked he was included in this deal.  That's a much better than expected haul for the O's.  They have to be pleased with themselves.

But I could totally see the Dodgers also getting all the O's international spending money out of this and then being able to turn around and sign Victor Mesa, thus winning again.  Stupid Dodgers.

17 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah man that's just not a good evaluation on Pache...

He's not that much different at all from Robles 2 years ago.

I'm only going by those second hand reports.  I didn't see any one really optimistic about the power.

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm only going by those second hand reports.  I didn't see any one really optimistic about the power.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/lets-dream-on-cristian-pache/

Thats from Fangraphs from before the season, and it references other reports from Kiley.

Said Pache could be a 6 WAR guy. Put a 55 on his power. 

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Agree with you on Diaz being better than Verdugo.  Disagree about May being meh.  I think he has legit MOR potential, and I'm shocked he was included in this deal.  That's a much better than expected haul for the O's.  They have to be pleased with themselves.

But I could totally see the Dodgers also getting all the O's international spending money out of this and then being able to turn around and sign Victor Mesa, thus winning again.  Stupid Dodgers.

I’m seeing Diaz, Alvarez, Wong and Robinson for Manny and international money we are using for Mesa. Mesa will replace Diaz and we have a handful of guys like Alvarez. Wong and Robinson are nothing exciting.

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Doesn't dissuade the conspiracy theory people who say the Orioles leak trades, gauge reaction, then find a medical issue to derail it if the deal isn't good.

I absolutely would believe that.  But who is saying the O's aren't getting enough?  Diaz/May/Robinson is a terrific return for 3 months of Machado, IMO.

Jon Heyman of Fancred reports that the medical holdup with the Manny Machado trade isn't related to Dodgers outfield prospect Yusniel Diaz.
Diaz is the headliner of the deal, so any problem with him probably would've meant the deal falling apart. Since the medical issue is with more of a complementary piece, the two sides still figure to work things out even if it means having to alter the trade a bit. It wouldn't appear to be a slam dunk anymore, though, so it's possible the Phillies and/or Brewers put in a call to see if they can jump back in

Archived