Propose a Trade/Trade Rumors Thread

devils1854

Sources: The Washington Nationals have started discussions with teams to gauge interest if they decide to sell. Of particular interest are Kelvin Herrera, Shawn Kelley and Ryan Madson, three free-agent-to-be relievers. Nats are telling teams they’ll know by end of weekend.

28 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Sources: The Washington Nationals have started discussions with teams to gauge interest if they decide to sell. Of particular interest are Kelvin Herrera, Shawn Kelley and Ryan Madson, three free-agent-to-be relievers. Nats are telling teams they’ll know by end of weekend.

At that point might as well float Bryce’s name out there as well.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You fixed a hole in your rotation for spare parts.

Seriously I miss when the Yankees were run bad. This blows.

Oh I’m with you, and I’m not mad with the deal at all, just feel like we could’ve gotten a better pitcher, but this years SP market isn’t exactly the best. 

59 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You fixed a hole in your rotation for spare parts.

Seriously I miss when the Yankees were run bad. This blows.

Drury was a spare part bc Torres and Miggy have played beyond expectations. I still think he's 2-3 win guy sooner or later. We gave up decent talent to get him too.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Oh I’m with you, and I’m not mad with the deal at all, just feel like we could’ve gotten a better pitcher, but this years SP market isn’t exactly the best. 

I like the deal - alot.

The SP market was kinda dry - unless a team was willing to move a number of top prospects - which is exactly what the NYY didnt do - GOOD! We've put ourselves in a good position whereby (if our prospect truly have the goods.....) we can rotate them up to the big team and still maintain our depth.

Unless we were after somebody at the Machado level - I was always in "Keep The Kids" mode.

NEXT - go get more young talent. Good job Cashman.

Add on........

Now.....can we put Sonny on the sidelines for awhile? Put an end (at least a temporary one....) to his adventures? Hope so. Hope Happ pitches like a few starts back.

Archived