Propose a Trade/Trade Rumors Thread

devils1854

5 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

Anyone else think that the Mets and Padres are both being...dumb?  Not in talks with one another but just...on a whole.  

I get why the Padres are talking about the starting pitchers(Thor, Archer Degrom etc) . they think there young guys can make a splash next year. tho I think the Padres should move all the bullpen guys they can..

the mets well are being really dumb imo. just imagine the haul they could get if the move an ace.

50 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I get why the Padres are talking about the starting pitchers(Thor, Archer Degrom etc) . they think there young guys can make a splash next year. tho I think the Padres should move all the bullpen guys they can..

the mets well are being really dumb imo. just imagine the haul they could get if the move an ace.

They (The Padres) can think that...but...they're wrong.  They're horrid.  Then again so are the Mets.  But if I'm the Mets I'm probably blowing it all up and aiming for 3ish years from now.

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Not a coincidence after another terrible Tyler Chatwood start today.  Hamels, at this point, is meh.  But meh is a pretty big upgrade from Tyler Chatwood.

I really thought he'd be a great starter as he was excellent away from Coors but suffered in the thin air in Colorado.  

#Rays announce trade of LHR Jonny Venters to #Braves.

#Rays’ return for Venters is international slot money. Third trade by TB in last two days. Venters, the #Braves’ 30th-round pick in 2003, returns to his original team

Adding to this: Per sources, Harvey might be only #Reds player traded. Barring big offers, CIN inclined to keep its relievers, all of whom are cost-effective and under control beyond this season. Trent has the flip side of the equation - the potential for the team to buy SP.

Knowing White Sox are willing to talk on anyone, scouta seeing Carlos Rodon hitting 98 has led to a lot of inquiries

Peter Gammons of GammonsDaily.com reports that the White Sox have received "a lot of inquiries" on Carlos Rodon.

Rodon has looked dominant over his last two starts and might immediately become the most interesting starter on the trade market should the White Sox make him available. However, the left-hander is under team control through 2021 so there's no rush for the team to deal him unless they get a huge offer

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Hamels to the Cubs

Cubs paying $5 million of the $14 million still owed (with 2019 buyout).  Main piece going back is Rollie Lacy.  Lots of low level performance, but his stuff is pretty meh and he's already 23.  So naturally he will be the OD starter for Texas in 2020.

But as I said above, Chatwood set the bar ridiculously low for any other starter to improve upon.  Here's hoping getting Hamels in front of a great defense and out of that bandbox of a park will help him improve exponentially.

4 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Knowing White Sox are willing to talk on anyone, scouta seeing Carlos Rodon hitting 98 has led to a lot of inquiries

Peter Gammons of GammonsDaily.com reports that the White Sox have received "a lot of inquiries" on Carlos Rodon.

Rodon has looked dominant over his last two starts and might immediately become the most interesting starter on the trade market should the White Sox make him available. However, the left-hander is under team control through 2021 so there's no rush for the team to deal him unless they get a huge offer

Ive been mentioning Rodon all year for the Yanks. If he is available in the least I want them to go all out. Injury has blurred the fact that he's really good.

41 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

Ive been mentioning Rodon all year for the Yanks. If he is available in the least I want them to go all out. Injury has blurred the fact that he's really good.

Sevvy Rodon would be gross 1/2.  Righty lefty high K's.  Sign me up.

Archived